Too sleep deprived to think of one

Too sleep deprived to think of one

A Poem by Caustic_Dystopia

The end of us came and went, but here I sit still stuck in descent.

Falling and spiraling, I've lost my mind, don't know how to stop this decline.

The voices surround me, back once more ever since you walked out that door.

Was any of it ever true? Or was my time just wasted on you?

Four months I spent believing you were here to stay just for you to walk away.

Wish I could go back to the start, back before you broke my heart,

Back to when you promised me that we'd never end and I could take back all the words that I'd ever send.

Then the tables would turn and maybe it would be you who burned,

Then I could rewrite the lines, and the story I'd invert. What if the end of us ment you were the one who hurt?

Bet you'd take it all back, every lie you'd repack.

'Cause "I love you" means nothing right now and "I'm sorry" won't change it anyhow.

When the problem remains right in our face and you can't solve it by giving me space.

When all I wanted was to be wanted; once in a little while. I didn't want the stars, I didn't need the moon, but still I was exiled.

Alas a choice was made, but was it mine? As it shattered my whole world; to step away and end the days when I was supposed to be your girl.

But before I left, I turned you know? Even as my chest ached, and watched you go with your head held high leaving the pieces of my heart in your wake.

© 2022 Caustic_Dystopia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The opening two lines do it. Insomnia. Horrible. Nice job.

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very heart grabbing for it is a surreal piece of writing. I enjoyed it very much!

Posted 1 Year Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

46 Views
2 Reviews
Added on August 31, 2022
Last Updated on August 31, 2022
Tags: Love, sad, pain, heartbreak, breakup, relationship, loss

Author

Caustic_Dystopia
Caustic_Dystopia

Redmond, OR



About
Female, 26 been writing since I was 15. I prefer poetry, but I write short stories, too. Most of my poems are based off true events, or how I was feeling at the time it was written. more..

Writing