Not Okay

Not Okay

A Poem by Caustic_Dystopia

I came to you with bags in tow and begged you to tell me to stay, but you just opened the door for me, and so I walked away.

But I never wanted us to end up where we are. From lovers to strangers once again it seems we were never destined for the stars.

Time it moves so slowly, especially at night. All alone in the dark the tears fill up my sight.

You said, "I'm sorry" and "I love you" but still you never tried to fix what had been broken. Was it ignorance, or pride?

Do you know the problem? Do you even care? Did you really love me, or was it all for flare?

My heart it is still broken and I break it more each day holding on to foolish hope that you'll come back and say

All the things I need to hear with actions so sincere, but as each day passes that hope slowly disappears.

So I pick up what's left of my broken heart, again. Bleeding from my fingertips as the shards they cut my skin.

Still wondering, if you really loved me, if you were really mine, why am I so broken and you, well you're just fine?

© 2022 Caustic_Dystopia


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on September 10, 2022
Last Updated on September 10, 2022
Tags: Love, sad, pain, heartbreak, breakup, relationship, loss

Author

Caustic_Dystopia
Caustic_Dystopia

Redmond, OR



About
Female, 26 been writing since I was 15. I prefer poetry, but I write short stories, too. Most of my poems are based off true events, or how I was feeling at the time it was written. more..

Writing