ENTRY 3: THE BAR SCENE

ENTRY 3: THE BAR SCENE

A Chapter by Ceuthonymus

After that, the rankings were made, deciding who should fight who, when they will fight, and how many byes they would be allowed to have. All the grand leaders were given three byes, and would have to enter when it was down to the final 64, giving them plently of fights to battle and struggle through. I only had two byes, and would enter in a round before they would. I guess I made a few impressions.
Suddenly, I noticed one the icons lighting up on my menu screen that I had tuked off to the side. I clicked it, finding out that I had leveled up twice in that battle and was already a level three creature of unknown origins. I looked at what that would mean, which was that I could give it little upgrades.
I was up to three points, allowing a range of options. I looked through all the different choices that I could make, seeing a thing or two that interested me, making my selections before closing the browser. Grandfather had been watching me the entire time.
‘What level are you know?’
‘Three.’
He looked a little shocked, but then it soon returned to his usual smiling beaming face that hasn’t left him since this game started.
‘Hey, the others want to grab something to eat. I wish for you to accompany us, since you are in need to join a group soon, and very soon.’
‘But what happens tomorrow? Won’t only one of you guys have your avatar after today?’
‘There is the possibility of one or more not coming back or having the same avatar, so this contest is crucial to each of us in order to retain what each of us has worked so hard to earn. Most of the players might not like it if someone who had just started moments before this tournament began were to win and to retain what they had only made up in that short time period. The creators and us leaders wouldn’t mind, as it would help lead to a more balanced launch for tomorrow, and knowing how you like to play, well, let’s just say it might be more than fair to have you win, but that is my own opinion.
Before I say too much, shall we go with the others, they are going to leave, with or without us?’
So we got up and walked out with the others. The streets were less packed as they were before, but it still was filled with the people that would stare at us, pointing and not hiding this fact. They were past that point, as if we weren’t really there, as if we were some made up thing within each of their head’s, and furthermore, one imagined phonominom that everyone could see clearly.
We found a bar close to the stadium, heading inside for a drink. Grandpa still carried with him that twinkle in his eyes, glowing everywhere he went. It was almost unnerving at how happy he was in that moment, but I soon would understand why he was that happy, but I digress.
The other six leaders all wanted to have a drink with me, to get to know me. They all were intrigued with my character, each taking a stab at what I was to be or become if one would will.
The first was a man of grand shortness. Hammer taller than I by his side. He was a happy little dwarf, red as red could be. I don’t believe the man to be anything else, but then again, not everyone falls into the category of full blown dwarf.
‘Well, he seems to be some kind of alien.’ He exclaimed to the group
‘No, he is rather more like an android than an alien.’ a second guessed.
Now, this individual was a giant, the complete opposite of what the dwarf was like. This giant was quiet burly too, having plenty of muscle mass to back up what he had to say about his height. His clothing suggested that of a mountain man, yet he was without an axe or a hammer. He just had his fists, just by sizing him up, using brutal force to defeat his foes.
‘No, that isn’t it. He might be still transforming, still trying to find out what he is and all of that…’ A third interjected, rambling on and on about her point.
She was a mixture of different plants, wearing a frame of glasses and a labcoat with her high heels, she seemed to be somewhat intriguing at least at that point.
‘Sure, he’s somethin’ interestin’ doc, but he’s caused quiet the rukus, couldn’t you tink o’ a way to find out what he’s, so we’s can end this?’ the snake lady from earlier asked.
‘Well well well, someone is a little sad that their second best got beat so easily in round one by elf sama’s grandson, eh?’ Another man asked, a farie man who seemed of Asian decent.
‘Hey now, pixie, take it easy on the poor women, she had to witness great power, power that she lacks possibly!’ Grandpa jested, which lead to the whole table to burst into laughter, even a little from the snake women, except for one. She headed up to the bar, away from the table where everyone else was sitting at.
I got up, excusing myself and joined her.
‘Why follow me?’ She asked without looking at me, without really changing her stare at the drink before her.
‘Well, I thought you should never leave a lady alone at the bar, cause then bad things could happen.’
‘Like having to hear the worst pick up line just delivered.’
Ouch. That stung.
‘Well then, I thought the elderly would all enjoy their time more if I were to leave.’
‘What? Can’t take the heat? You created that yourself. You should be somewhat proud of what you had started.’
‘But what if I like it here, next to the chill, maybe too cold gal?’
‘Oh, you are definitely the age of my father, there is no hiding it, you have no game whatsoever. How old are you really?’
‘I’m seventeen, whats’ it to you?’
‘No you are not!’ She laughed as she took a sip, not staring at her drink anymore.
‘Well, I won’t ask for your age, but what are you supposed to be? You seem too human for a character compared to the rest of these old people.’
‘Oh, well then, I won’t tell you that, you will have to guess.’ She replied as she got up and rejoined the rest of the party. I sat there, watching fight after fight for the longest time after that. Finally, grandpa dragged me back to the others, and spent the rest of the time drinking.


© 2014 Ceuthonymus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on June 30, 2014
Last Updated on June 30, 2014


Author

Ceuthonymus
Ceuthonymus

Adrian, MI



About
Just got a story that I hope one day shall be known all around the world. It will be an epic, I know it will. more..

Writing
Endymion Endymion

A Story by Ceuthonymus