Riddle

Riddle

A Story by Christopher Chadwyck

 

     Who am I? What am I? Why am I here? What is my purpose? What was my purpose? Was I something or was I nothing? Was I one of those people that left an everlasting impression on another? Was I one of those people that was always over looked? Was I good-natured? Was I anything?
   Questions, these damn questions are all I f*****g have. Everytime I look in a mirror, I see no man, but rather, a big question mark. I'm sure, when I knew who I was, I found that a good mystery, a fun riddle, was just the thing to exercise the mind. But I tell you; it sure isn't all too fun, when you are the, all too intriguing, mystery, the impossible riddle.
    I don’t know who I am, but I’m afraid to find out…
Seven days before
     My eyes open reluctantly. I see a dull gray sky. I feel like I’m lying down, but I really can’t tell. I feel something moist and squishy being pressed against. I smell moist soil and the excrement of an animal. I hear the rhythmic singing of, a medley of birds.
It took me second to realize I was on the ground, soaked. I contemplate getting up, but I’m not sure if I can.
 
 

© 2008 Christopher Chadwyck


Author's Note

Christopher Chadwyck
I would like to know if this is a decent start. I try write, but I lack self-confidence. So I would really appreciate some feed back, constructive or destructive.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this.
I do have a few suggestions though.
The paragraph of questions could definitely be condensed. So many question marks seem overwhelming for the reader, or at least that's how I felt.
Also, I like the use of short sentences but I think you could make your syntax even more interesting if you varied the length of the sentences.
Overall, I really liked the direction you're heading and I think you should start writing the rest of the story as soon as possible. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
me
Actually, I have read some of your stuff before, and this was by far the best thing that you have written. So many questions, all with no answers. Very touching, very poignant. I think you should either expand on it...or remove the part about waking up on the ground....leave it as a who the hell am I kind of thing. Fabulous job...

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

96 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 30, 2008