Cancer

Cancer

A Story by Chandini Hemdev
"

A life experience and horror....

"

Cancer, the living hell, the sickness of death! The one battle that you lose before you even know you have to start! It’s a myth for cancer to be ever cured or gone away, for it sucks away all immunity and happiness, leaves the person being nothing more than a cold stone!


I was 16 n I barely knew what cancer meant, I knew it was dangerous, but knew not that it was the cause of a living death! Chemotherapy the term to me was a long medical phrase was associated to something serious, but also something that was very amusing. It’s true that experience talks! Having known n see people facing hell in heavens despair, baring the pain n the agony! Fighting to live, although dying gaunt n desperate, being treated with brutality! Cancer does not just kill, but slowly eats up a person, makes them from a happy healthy person to a living rotten vegetable!


Being similar to our DNA pattern it becomes difficult to detect! Multiplying at the speed of light, cancer spreads away, before you even realize your body breaks! You diet or have a poor diet, you drink water that’s not safe, bacteria fungi and dirty air, they cause the harm, to build with stress and insomnia to add up and fill up the crown. Intrudes your body, builds the virus, and sucks the immunity killing you with all the highness! Aids takes 10years to be detected while to live with cancer for even 10 hours more is a miracle in life!


16, and I first heard of cancer to have hit someone close to me, not knowing what it meant, I was just warned to pray for them fully! Time passed I slowly understood that guide, my mentor and guardian was facing something unpleasant! 6 sessions of 3 chemo’s each time, in barely 4 months, seeing her lay in the hospital for throughout a month, I saw her through it all, fight it, but never giving up on it! her body not perishing but slowly wasting away, sickness eating away at her body. She rebelled against the approach of death, she wanted to live and survive for her family! She din’t need moral support she had more than just, she just needed an assurance of life, so she could have her family! She wasn’t scared, she knew they’d manage, but she also knew it wasn’t just to depart away.


Being aware of the grief the suffering intensifies, her cries were innumerable! She was pretty gorgeous and beautiful too, but cancer bit her so bad that she lost all faith and the charm too! No she was never ugly, but her body had deteriorated and weekend her and her family too! While suffering we know we can see our doom, we wish to have a minute back in time and relive our happy one’s! We tend to see our whole life flash before to make us feel the happy times to smile once before we die, while surprised at our acts of cruelty that show our harsh royalty!


You came in when it was dark, lit up my world with your beautiful spark! I barely know you I don’t care, I know you enough to make you feel cared! You kept me waiting, you kept me asking, who are you, and why are you here? I may seem close, but I’m yet too far, feeling your love makes me a star! Reaching for something in the distance, thinking about the climb, release your inhibition to conquer the time! The battle is with the disease to get some time, but losing hope and faith will never get us our way!


Life they say is a b***h, true that she is!!!

Staying with people, having a ball,

Then suddenly made to leave it all!!

It does not make sense, it never did!!

Hoping against hope,

To fight through her agony,

The dreams we live crashed by her brutality!

The spins of her wheel, turning in all their might,

Making us face her in all our fright!

The happiness we wish to live, packed with sadness,

Comes to us by her will!!

We never let go, we never will

Clinging on to see the fate of her will!!!




© 2014 Chandini Hemdev


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
Added on November 8, 2014
Last Updated on November 8, 2014

Author

Chandini Hemdev
Chandini Hemdev

Bangalore, India



About
Chandini Hemdev is a graduate of Media studies from CMS, Jain University, and has been voicing her feelings in poetry for over 4 years. She hosted a poetry recital and launched her first book of poems.. more..

Writing