On the Shores of Creation

On the Shores of Creation

A Poem by Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
"

Embracing the beginning of wondering, while knowing of the fall............

"





















We would meet on the shores of creation and walk among the grasses
Embracing the beginning of wondering, while knowing of the fall
From the corners of our being we could see the very key
That fits in the places where alone comes to call

We could hear the brimming hearts drifting full of wishes and secrets
Perhaps holding treasures on winds which spun with courage
Knowing something was amiss where the sky met grace
As they asked, is this love, our eyes find so curious

Rain signs its name on our tender hands, setting fire with its touch
As a distant star sings out that there is fire in healing waters
A thousand thoughts become the body of our stories
Wherein all darkness finds the light that matters

Between seasons, moments held hands with what is and can be
And I believe that perfection sent messages to you and me 
When we met on creation’s shore to walk in grasses
We were held in the arms of our own destiny

© 2011 Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm


Author's Note

Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
Artist: John Pitre - http://marialaterza.blogspot.com/2011/06/john-pitre-new-york-city-surrealist.html

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very creative and optimistic. It is in your unique style of presentation Neva. Everything is in perfect harmony. But can you explain what you mean by 'fire' in the healing waters? A symbol of destruction hidden in every creations?
Power lines are at the end," we are held i the arms of our own destiny" It is so true. I love the poem very mcuh

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Always the writer of loves imagination and spiritual grace. What a wonderful write about connecting on a level that very few get to experience.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's not so much the question of what goes on in your mind...it's more, where does it all come from and how do you separate it and always make it so perfect....Every poem is uniquely original, purposeful and beautiful...You never miss a beat and always entertain with your mastery of language, syntax and imagery...I never can pick a word or line or stanza out as being better than any other...you are a master and, I truly am in awe...but alas, I've said nothing about this poem....
look again..:)
allen

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Very meaningful, especially the final line...held in the arms of our own destiny. Richly illustrating the limits and entrapments of our free choice...


Nice work...!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

All your poems are vivid and rich with imagery. I could read it many times and each time find some new nugget of meaning. This is very esoteric, but satisfyingly so.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

To be held in the arms of our own destiny. This brings comfort to me Neva, not sure why. A reminder maybe that we are in control when it comes to our happiness and outlook on life. And nobody can take that control away from me.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is absolutely divine..seems like a woek from the deepest part of the heart...great job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This remarkable read over-flows with depth and beauty, tying brilliant parallels between the reader and the world around her and her companion. To me, the poem displays the world from the perspective of one newly in love, the way in which everything comes to life in a splendor not unlike the creation of the universe, blossoming into a new beginning.
I particularly enjoyed the first stanza, which associates a partner with a "key," one to fill the lonely aspects of our lives and bring purpose.
The second stanza was also incredible, utilizing a powerful metaphor to exemplify those who have not been lucky enough to have found love.
But I am applying general impressions to poem that deserves pages of dissection and attention. You are most certainly a great artist and I'm glad that I've found you're work. Bravo.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
OT
love the picture!! love the almost paradoxical mingling of things - "Rain signs its name on our tender hands, setting fire with its touch" - brilliant imagery throughout as always, another effortlessly great poem! nice!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A true and bested piece, you know me Neva, I prefer the reader to conjure their own images however here the image is so vaug you have build a world around it, well done, great read.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2133 Views
46 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 28, 2011
Last Updated on June 28, 2011
Tags: creation, hearts, fire, hands, seasons, destiny

Author

Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm

GA



About
Hello, I am Neva, 4i, from Atlanta, Georgia. My latest book and videos: My latest book - Mailing Letters to the Moon rm_f1st('6','182','true','false','000000','av2j3.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Why? Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan