Stained

Stained

A Poem by Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
"

Making the knees of his tears sore for centuries................

"























Years of dates with someone’s ego,

flicker in his mind,
staining a coat of sleeping fire
on emotions in his world
and all he still holds.

You ask if he’s alright
laughing like a wolf
dressed in sheep’s clothing
with an oath to explain
all it knows.

So maybe you should write down
what makes sense to you
as I watch how his tears
still flow.

I can see the light that runs across
hollow understanding
in your eyes,
making the knees of his tears
sore for centuries.

You would rather stare than help,
same as a snake
ignores its victim’s pleas.
Your insensitivity to his stains
conceal every sound
he breathes.

I stand here and watch you rumbling in
filling his line of sight
with smiles of self-centered,
unnerving glee.

© 2011 Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm


Author's Note

Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
I have no idea.............

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

you have no idea? Lol, I do! The message I got was that one can get burned only so much before they become numb to those that cause them pain. You watch and smirk in enjoyment when you see Karma catch up with them. Maybe I'm wrong, but it's the feeling I got from this poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

sometimes...you are just inspired to paint in ink your inner thoughts---the result is this magnificent poem!
well-done! a master piece!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Like the formatting... monster I have created

And an idea I have none too :P

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sometimes we just want to grab a person by the hair and snatch them away from the person they repeatedly kick while they are down. Brilliant work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
J
well, this sounds like "pissed" to me ...... maybe a 'friend' who showed his true colours, pulling the rug from beneath you. perhaps he should hope his moccasins don't cross your boundaries anytime soon.

very creative wrath, m'dear. ;)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I apologize that it took me forever to get to your latest requests. I just haven't been that addicted to WC lately. For some reason, I wound down. I think that it's because I haven't had much time lately to be creative. I've been so preoccupied with life lately. I'll try to give you the best reviews I can, Neva.

I think (this is what I interpreted) that you're trying to say that sometimes things aren't always how they appear. "The wolf in sheep's clothing" saying. Beauty in the most unexpected places and things very similar. I don't have much to comment concerning the message, but your lyrical language is quite confusing. x3 It makes my head spin trying to take it all in.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I do. I like this one a lot. Honestly the only line that I stumbled on (image wise) was "Your insensitivity to his stains " Stains felt, idk,out of place. The poem as a whole is really magnificent.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Other than me giving my interpretation of it, for I feel this particular poem fits in the subjective category, it seems either you intentionally or unintentionally used certain dominate vowel sounds in each stanza. The first stanza has the power of a long "o" which to me is the vowel sound with the biggest punch. The second stanza is dominated with a long "e" but remnants of the previous "o" still lingers. The third stanza doesn't have a dominate vowel, but it gives a quick punch with the first word "So" and the last word "flows." The fourth stanza is "i" dominate. The fifth stanza is "a" dominate. And the last, which I like the best, is a toss-up between "i" or "e." I look at it as "i"--the stanza references the self-centered, and with the self-centered it's always about "i." Okay, I'm definitely starting to sound pompous. Well that's my two cents. Keep up the experimental work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


For me this poem is about the reluctance to feel another's pain--it is easier to remain insensitive and to get in the trenches with someone and care deeply. I feel as though you are moving closer to a darker side of yourself in your writing--just want to encourage that I think. Masterfully done!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


To me this is like some one pouring salt in a wound. It is the fact that some one is hurting and the other person is prancing around like the world shines on them. the imagery is grand and the statement it makes is loud to me anyway.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It is great to see a different side of you in your writings... expanding is always a positive thing... this poem to me conjures up thoughts of those sociopaths out there like the famous Ted Bundy and how they manipulate people with their charms while evil fills their minds. Excellent poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1725 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 14, 2011
Last Updated on July 14, 2011
Tags: poetry, ego, wolf, self-centered, emotions, selfish

Author

Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm

GA



About
Hello, I am Neva, 4i, from Atlanta, Georgia. My latest book and videos: My latest book - Mailing Letters to the Moon rm_f1st('6','182','true','false','000000','av2j3.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..