Sea of Obsession

Sea of Obsession

A Poem by Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
"

When did you become a stormy sea of obsession? Confining in all of your ways.............

"

























When did you become a stormy sea of obsession?

Confining in all of your ways
Renouncing all moves in any direction
When one does not yield to the calls, you play

Attempts to govern unclipped wings can be exhausting
The very thought is gravely insane
Yet, you still despondently try to cage in free spirits
With those borders you set and maintain

You reveal uncertainty in your own validation
In the faith you hold in your own
When you desperately try to close off the sky
From free spirits thirsting to roam

Did you know your borders are guarded by insecurity?
They are useless and protected in vain
Take a look inside the cages you obsessively provide
Not a single free spirit remains

© 2011 Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm


Author's Note

Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
There are those who try to control the ones they claim to love, to limit their contact with family and friends. Insecurity is generally their reason and they often find their bird cannot be caged.

Artist Rob Hefferan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

aaah, i came across such people, dear ones, unfortunately, sometimes caged birds, when they gain liberty again, after suffocation, they prefer to alienates themselves to their loved ones, as said in this poem!

a lovely poem, you passed on a sensible message Neva!

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A beautiful write, speaks a lot of sense and is done so poetically, love it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

words of truth that alot can relate to,nicely done Neva

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A stunning write I could see on friendship day to-day (Aug 7th). The forces to stifle a free spirit is always there, but to-day I feel our friendship will be able to defeat all such forces.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your words so beautifully express the absolute pain of being trapped by someone who's actually trapped in his own fear. In fact, your words are too finely put for such a cruel experience, but to write otherwise just wouldn't be Neva.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very true and nicely penned.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When I was a kid, I found a young chick that was abandoned. I kept it as a pet, but as it grew into an adult...it finally left to start its own life. It was sad to lose my little friend, but It returned every year to raise a family and the happiness was multiplied. This poem made me think of the lesson I learned there. Keeping that bird caged would have only made me happy. You really brought back great memories and a very important lesson I learned.

Trying to hold on someone too tight and eliminating any option of them being an individual does nothing but tear them down. There can never be true happiness when affection is only given to appease the person who holds it's source hostage. For me, true love can only exist when both parties have every opportunity to leave....but decide to stay. To be chosen is the only way I could ever accept love. Amazing work here Neva!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Full of wisdom...This is amazing...
"Did you know your borders are guarded by insecurity?
They are useless and protected in vain"
Conveys a well and outstanding idea...
:)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You shared this wih me not too long ago. I hope you know how much your words penetrate the hearts and minds of many. Don't ever stop penning. Your writing is as beautiful as you are on the outside my friend.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such beautiful words of truth. With the best of intentions to them, the controlling person ends up extinquishing the fire of his love. Because he's imprisoned the one he loves, keeping her from her family and exercising our gift of free will. So glad I read your poem!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


4
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1576 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 7, 2011
Last Updated on August 7, 2011
Tags: poetry, control, freedom, spirit, emotional abuse

Author

Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm
Neva Flores Smith - Changefulstorm

GA



About
Hello, I am Neva, 4i, from Atlanta, Georgia. My latest book and videos: My latest book - Mailing Letters to the Moon rm_f1st('6','182','true','false','000000','av2j3.. more..

Writing