Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by sarabeth120

I really can’t believe it took my parents two years before they let me do this. I’ve been wanting this since my freshman year, but they’ve been so overprotective of their “little angel” that any thought of me going out for the night, let alone out of the country for three weeks was completely out of the question.

Yes, it’s true.

My parents are a little overprotective of me, their only child. Okay, that’s an understatement… they’re more than a little; they’re very protective of me. Though, with the amount of car accidents that teenagers get into and other situations that make them lose their lives, I’m surprised they even let me out of the house with all the “dangers” out there.

Anyway, I’ve been studying French for the past two years and my parents have finally given me permission to participate in an exchange program, something I’ve wanted to do since I was a freshman.

I’ve always wanted to go to France and my parents promised that the summer going into my junior year I would finally get the opportunity to go and practice my French and spend three weeks living with a French family in Paris.

I’ve been looking forward to this for months. I started packing the minute school let out for the summer and found myself unpacking and repacking, several times; mostly, because I wanted to add just one more shirt, or another pair of pants. At least, it gave me something to do the month after school let out and I was left at home with nothing to do but wait, rather impatiently, for June 20th.

Though, my excitement was short-lived because when June 20th finally came and I got on my plane with the rest of the American kids in the program and landed in France, I got a huge surprise when I met my French family for the first time. And, I do not mean a good kind of surprise either.

The family I would be living with for the next three weeks was comprised entirely of males.

I’m a girl.

How the hell did this happen?



© 2009 sarabeth120


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

204 Views
Added on July 15, 2009


Author

sarabeth120
sarabeth120

Roswell, GA



About
Hey there! My name is Sarah (duh) and I'm currently a twenty one year old rising senior at Georgia Southern University. where I'm majoring in History and minoring in Geography. But I really want to be.. more..

Writing
Exchange Exchange

A Book by sarabeth120


One One

A Chapter by sarabeth120