A Sober Night Not to Remember

A Sober Night Not to Remember

A Story by CharHunter
"

When Leannes careless boyfriend takes her to a night club instead of a romantic movie she decides to venture out alone in the dark, quiet night.

"

A Sober Night Not to Remember

 

   “Eeey! Wheeeeere d’ya think yer goin’ eh? Eh? You need ta dance wigh meeee!” Leanne’s then boyfriend shouted at her across the dance floor as she made her way to the exit. He had promised no night clubs. Just a romantic film and then dinner. That’s all she wanted. She’d refused to drink so she left free of embarrassing photos and videos, usually made in a haze of alcohol induced intoxication, to delete in the morning with a hangover. As soon as the fresh air reached her lungs and the thumping music was just a dim beat in the background she finally allowed herself to feel betrayed and angry. Stepping over the puddles of vomit and people passed out on the ground she wondered what attracted him to this type of environment. The club itself had smelt like alcohol, strong perfume and a stagnant bodily odor pouring out of people trying to be erotic on the dance floor. And the outside wasn’t much better; all you could smell was the bile on the ground and hear the screams of one drunk person hurling abuse at another.

   Leanne kept her handbag close to her body and hurriedly walked away trying her best not the judge the people asleep on top of bags of rubbish and bins. The quiet road seemed like a ghost town compared to the roaring club she’d just been in. The loud snores quieted and the atmosphere became eerie and intimidating; the menacing outlines of trees and buildings towered over her like chefs getting ready to pounce on a rat trespassing in their kitchen.

   She turned around to see the silhouettes of two people. How did she not notice before? Their boots were loud and bulky and they were laughing at each other quietly. She turned back around with the conclusion that they were just some drunk people from the club but she couldn’t help but wonder why they were so quiet compared to the loud people she’d just escaped from. 

   “’eeey darlin’, wan’ some company?” One called to her, he didn’t sound drunk but his Italian accent was strong. She glanced backwards slightly but carried on walking, offering them no answer.

   “’ey! Don’ ignore us honay! We jus’ wan’ ta see chu!” The other yelled with an accent just as threatening. They were closer than she thought, one put his hands on her shoulders whilst the other walked in front of her, bringing her to a stand still. Tears spilled over and ran down her cheek and the man put up his greasy hand and wiped them away.

   “Why don’ chu come home wit’ us? Chu can be our mucho bella woman for tonigh’” Leanne flinched when she smelt his breath, garlic mixed with cannabis and chewing gum.

   “I... Uh... No thank you?” She stammered wishing she’d stayed at the club with the drunk people and uncaring boyfriend.

   “Oh. Reetorical question. Chu have no choice in tha matter my lovely” the other replied, shaking his head theatrically.

   “But..” Leanne started but she was interrupted by a car rushing around the corner and fishtailing next to them, the two men backed away in shock and when the door flew open Leanne jumped in without a second thought. Anything to get away from them. Anything.   

   As soon as the door was closed the car accelerated and she was beginning to feel relived.

   “Well, hello ther’ pretty lady” the driver cooed... 

© 2014 CharHunter


Author's Note

CharHunter
Just looking for opinions. What do you think could be done better? Any advice? Feel free to check other work of mine.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on October 1, 2013
Last Updated on March 30, 2014
Tags: Night Club, Alcohol, Vomit, Rape

Author

CharHunter
CharHunter

London, United Kingdom



About
I'm an English college student who just loves to write. I take a Creative Writing course and get TONS of homework for it so I thought I'd put it all up on here and see what other people thought :) more..

Writing