Negative Thoughts.

Negative Thoughts.

A Story by Charlie

The Void calls my name, like an old friend, asking how life has been. "I haven't seen you in a while," it says. "You're not growing out of your depression on me now, are you?"

I dare not look at it, let alone answer. I'm too afraid to turn back.

"You were so much more fun when you were worse off," it taunts. "Long nights alone, together with me. Nothing but tears and too many beers. Those were the days."

I want so badly to retort, but if I do, I'll have to accept that it's still there. I can't answer. I don't want the numbness back.

"You've been spending too much time with the colours, man. They're too much for you. C'mon, I know you can hear me. Let's go feel some pain, happiness is too good for you."

I know I have to respond now. It grows too loud to leave it be. I need to respond. My emotions well up.

"Aw, is little Charlie gonna cry? That's what I like to see."

The thoughts won't stop, I know that now. But I have to do something about them.

"Shut the f**k up, Void. I'm going to therapy."

© 2020 Charlie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on February 24, 2020
Last Updated on February 24, 2020

Author

Charlie
Charlie

Washington, DC



About
Hi! I'm Charlie. I've been writing for a while, but I've only recently been publishing anything I write online. If you like my work, please check out my Twitter and/or Patreon. I hope you're having a .. more..

Writing
Parents. Parents.

A Poem by Charlie