Mixed Moods

Mixed Moods

A Chapter by iAM A Princess

Tisha rubbed Jerry’s back as they both sat in the milk when she heard her cell ring. She started to get up but Jerry pulled her back in. “Jer at this time of night it’s got to be something important!”

“Aw come on baby, we in this tub feeling all good and stuff…why you wanna mess that up?” Tisha laid back in and pulled Jerry on top of her.

“Oh come here you!”

Mindy hung up her phone when she heard Tisha’s answering machine. ‘She must be still mad at me’ she thought. She cut on the radio to a gospel station and decided she’d drive and stay over at her mother’s house that night. Her mother had just made some hot cocoa and Mindy sipped as she let her mother braid her hair up just like old times. “I need to come over more don’t I?” “That’d be nice.” she hugged her momma and told her to go bed while she went into the guest room to do a little reading. 5 minutes into the book Mindy couldn’t keep her mind on it. She felt happy but then mad at the same time. Tossing and turning in the bed for a while made her finally go to sleep.

 

Timothy kissed his wife as he went off to work. “Kids you be good in school today.” they gave their dad a thumbs up and giggled. “I’m serious or no Chuckie Cheese this Wednesday night!” He grinned at them and they shook their heads. Timothy got to the car and blew kisses at Sarah before he drove off. He hated driving when it rained and actually could’ve stayed home if he wanted but no way was he going to stay around the house feeling the way he did plus any overtime meant over money. When he got to the office his secretary eyed him. He got annoyed “What is it Grace?”

“I saw you at the coffee shop last night…”

“Okay and?”

Grace started to say more but then thought of how he could fire her and stepped off.

Timothy plunged into his chair, “Lord help to make it through the day at least.” he sat up and started working on a new business project he had. He kept stopping though thinking of all the things that happened last night. He looked over at his pictures of the kids and his wife and thought of how it could really end up being like that in a few days…just her and the kids because she left him. He shook it off and tried to get his mental state onto the computer.

 

Mindy got up way before her mama and gave her a kiss on the head. She wrote a note and stuck it to the refrigerator. Mindy wasn’t feeling to much better than she had last night so she decided to go back to the park before she‘d go see her sister.

Sarah danced around the house after the kids left for the bus. She felt like she was on cloud nine. The conversation and time her and Timothy had put her in good spirits. She sat down beside the book case to find a new one to start reading when she came across the church year book. She looked in it and smiled at the family she had came to 7 years ago. All the memories, winning $1,000 in church bingo, meeting Timothy, gaining a sister Mindy. She thought about Mindy and wondered why they haven’t been hanging together anymore. She missed how her and Mindy would go shopping or laugh at the church gossip they’d listen to another member tell them on speaker phone. Sarah went to the kitchen and began to dial Mindy’s number but decided she’d rather talk to her in person at bible study later that week.



© 2009 iAM A Princess


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on February 9, 2009


Author

iAM A Princess
iAM A Princess

Portsmouth, VA



About
17. Unhappy. A Sw33t more..

Writing
Guilt Guilt

A Chapter by iAM A Princess


Ignored Ignored

A Chapter by iAM A Princess