Fate's Cruel Reality Chapter Two Part One

Fate's Cruel Reality Chapter Two Part One

A Chapter by Chelsea Viviana
"

Sorry, not much happens in this part of the Chapter, but just wait till the next one! I have big plans!

"
 

We have to do what!?” James yelled.


That's hardly fair!” Damon added.


You don't have a choice boys,” Father said matter-of-factly. “You wanted your lives spared, so this is part of the alternative punishment.”


I just finished going to that damn hell hole and now you're saying that I have to go back?” Carson mumbled from the couch, crossing his arms.


Hey,” Mother warned, “watch your language.”


Sorry,” Carson replied.


Well I'm not,” Damon said heading upstairs. “This is bullshit.”


I don't understand. It's just high school. Why are you all upset?” Adele asked.


Because, you don't learn as much as you think you do. It's a drama-filled waste of time,” James answered. “I can pass for a college student; why can't I go to community college or something?” he asked Father.


It's much more convenient and less conspicuous if you start out at the youngest age possible,” Mother responded.


Plus,” added Father, “it doesn't cost as much.” There was a crash from upstairs. “Lily, will you please go talk to him?”


I hated the thought of high school just as much as James, Carson, and Damon; so, I understood how he was feeling. That didn't mean that I wanted to deal with him right now. “But " ”


Please, Lily?” Mother added. “Melissa's not here and we've only been a family for a few months. Besides her, you're the only one he listens to.”


Actually, besides Melissa, you're the only one of us he likes,” Cody added.


Please?” Father begged looking wary.


I rolled my eyes and sighed, “Fine.”


I made my way upstairs. I stopped outside of Damon's room and knocked.


Go away,” he yelled through the door.


I tried opening the door but he had locked it. “Come on Damon, open the door.”


No, just go away!”


You're acting like a child.”


I heard him stomp to the door. He opened it a few inches so he just could see me. “And you're acting like a nosy b***h. Go the hell away!” And, with that, he slammed the door in my face. I heard the lock click.


I grabbed the doorknob and tried to focus my energy to unlock it, but I was too exhausted from studying all night last night for my first night of magic classes tonight. “Screw this,” I mumbled as I pulled two bobby pins out of my hair. I straightened them out and inserted them into the lock. Soon after I heard a click and opened the door.


Damon was lying on his bed with his eyes closed and he was listening to his iPod. He actually looked sweet and innocent, but he had pissed me off so much just a moment before that I really didn't mind disturbing him; I actually kind of enjoyed it. I closed the door behind me and walked to the bed; then, I ripped the ear buds form his ears.


Hey!” He protested and sat up.


What's the matter with you?” I said, ignoring him. “None of us want to go to high school. We all hate it as much as you do. You had no reason to snap at Mother and Father like that!”


Oh, please. They're not my parents,” he said annoyed.


No, but they are busting they're asses to help you and Melissa. You've got one of the worst reputations in the magic realm, and yet, Father still did everything he could to save you from execution and exile. You don't have to accept them as your parents, just be a bit more kind and greatfull for what they've done for you, for all of us.”


Why have you accepted them as your parents?” he asked instantly switching from angry and annoyed to serious and curious.


Well,” I said as I sat beside him, “I guess it's just nice pretending I have a mother and father who actually care about me.”


You never did tell any of us about your mom.”


And I'd like to keep it that way,” I snapped.


You can tell me, it'll be ok.”


I just turned and stared at the wall.


Please?” he begged.


Now who's being a nosy b***h?” I asked spitefully and sarcastically.


Lily, I am so sorry. I didn't mean it.”


I sighed, “I know.”


It's just that I used to be one of the most powerful beings in the universe, and now I'm reduced to going to a human high school and living as an American teenager. It's humiliating.”


Think about how I feel. I have to go to high school during the day, come home and finish homework within an hour, sleep for two hours, then go to the magic realm and attend an academy all night where everyone hates me for what my father did. And, if I get home in time, then I'll be lucky to get another two hours of sleep before having to do it all over again.”


Can I go to the academy with you?” he asked, suddenly excited.


Um, why?” I was confused.


Because I get so bored here. Melissa's too busy with Carson and I can't stand any one else. Plus, I know that people can sit in on those classes with you because Toby was talking about it the other day. So, please?”


I sighed and rolled my eyes, “Fine, but if you get me in trouble you are so dead.”


Now why would I do that?” he asked mischievously.


Because you think it's funny and it's not!” He laughed and I narrowed my eyes, “I mean it. I already have a hard enough time because of my father. I don’t need you to make it worse.”


Don't worry, I won't.”


Promise?”


He took my hand in his and gazed into my eyes. “I promise.” Then he got a mischievous look in his eye. He placed his hand on my knee and asked, “Wanna kiss on it?” He winked and started moving his hand up my thigh.


I grabbed his hand and stared hatefully at him, then stood up. “Ugh, you irk me.”


Why?” he smiled.


Because you act all sweet and friendly one second then like a flirt and a jerk the next.”


He laughed again. “I just like messing with you. Besides, you know you love it.”


By the look on his face, I knew he was expecting me to get upset, but I'd had enough. So, I decided to beat him at his own game.


I sighed, “Well, yeah. I guess I do.”


His eyes widened a bit in surprise, “What?”


I sat back down beside him, but closer this time, and rested my hand on his knee. “I kind of like it when you pick on me.” I smiled and leaned in towards him.


Really?” he whispered.


I waited until my lips just barely touched his then whispered back, “Nope.” I got up and crossed the room, going to the door.


He sighed, just a bit angrily, “You are such a tease.”


I opened the door then looked at my watch. Ignoring him, I said, “If you really want to go with me to the academy tonight, you need to be ready to go in an hour.” I shut his door behind me and went to pack my bag for school.



© 2011 Chelsea Viviana


Author's Note

Chelsea Viviana
Any and all comments and suggestion are appriciated!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on August 4, 2011
Last Updated on August 15, 2011
Tags: Vampire Witch Magic Love Hate We


Author

Chelsea Viviana
Chelsea Viviana

New Bern, NC



About
I don't know what to tell you. . . . There's really nothing that sets me apart from others. Well, except that I have an amazing writing ability, and if you don't think so, msg me and tell me. I'm a.. more..

Writing