Whatever, Jerk

Whatever, Jerk

A Story by Cherrie
"

"Are you smelling me..? "What about it?"

"

Just a random little thing that popped into my head. ._. No plot and random characters, yay me!

__


“Are you smelling me..?”

“What about it?” The young man spoke, his tone almost disinterested as he rested his head on the younger girls shoulder.

“Why are you doing that..?”

“Smelling you? You smell good.”

The woman in front of him looked to her shoulder with a weirded out expression, holding a slip of paper up as if she was still reading it. “Oh do I. I didn’t put perfume on today, so I’m pretty sure you’re imagining whatever smell that is.”

“It’s not perfume, it’s..” The dark haired brunette inhaled the other’s scent deeply, his expression one of deep thought. “I don’t know how to explain it, it’s just your scent I guess.” he finished, still leaning over onto the shorter girls shoulder in a position that looked as if it would become quite painful in time.

“Whatever, I gotta get to class.” Kailee spoke, a small smile on her face showing that she was quite amused at the whole situation, the unnoticeable blush making it clear that it also embarrassed her. The girl’s expression suddenly froze after turning, Jared’s face being mere centimeters from her own and causing the girls face to light up bright red.

Jared smirked lazily, not bothering to move as he stared into the girl’s brown eyes; not missing the bright red in the least. He stood up straight, making the eight inch difference obvious as he took a step forward, making Kailee take one backwards.

“W-what are you doing, I gotta.. get to class..” the young woman muttered in embarrassment, looking to side as if the wandering students around the college campus had suddenly become the most interesting people in the world.

“You know you’re totally transparent, right?” The twenty year old spoke, his small smirk growing into a grin as the girls face somehow became even more red, her eyes becoming watery from embarrassment.

“I don’t know what you mean..” Kailee spoke quietly, her voice shaky as she turned to look at him, but looked behind the other to the nearby art building at the last minute.

“Yes you do. I know you have a thing for me, it’s pretty obvious.” Jared spoke, his left hand going to the girl’s side and pushing her against the wall, his other reaching up to wipe away a tear.

“Whatever…. jerk.” The girl muttered, adding the insult as an afterthought.

The boy let out a chuckle at the sixteen year olds words, his hand now resting on her shoulder instead of her cheek, “And yet you still like this jerk; that says something you know. It’s good though, because I kind of have a thing for you too.” He spoke, his grin softening as the girl shot him a wide eyed look before clearing her throat.

“Haha. You’re so funny.” She spoke sarcastically, her brown eyes now resting on the two pairs of feet at the ground. Her eyes grew once more as a chaste kiss was pressed to her lips, not taking more than a second.

“You know I’m not joking.” He spoke in a soft, stern tone before taking a step away from the flustered girl, a small grin finding his way onto his lips as he took in her appearance.

The light haired woman didn't say anything, obviously trying to hold back a small smile as she stared at the ground with red cheeks. “So, I’m taking you to lunch. That Chinese place you like?” the boy spoke, the first obviously a statement instead of a question.

“What?” Kailee asked, her voice slightly squeaky as she stared up at the other with an expression of confusion and shock.

“I’ll meet you in the library after your class is over; alright?” The older spoke, his hands in the pockets of his skinny jeans as he looked at the girl with a pleased expression.

“But, uh, I don’t have any money. I can’t.” The girl spoke, her tone one of finality.

The boy rolled his eyes at the girl’s antics, “It’s a date, you aren't paying.” He spoke with a small smile, “Happy it got said straight out?” he asked, sounding as if he was speaking to a small child.

The girl pouted slightly, her blush having died down to a light pink, “I wasn't aware that it was a date.”

Jared raised an eyebrow at her childlike tone before shaking his head slightly, “Whatever you moron, get to class or you’re gonna be late.” He spoke, kissing the shorter on the cheek before turning and heading towards the parking lot. Kailee let a small grin sneak its way onto her face as the other turned, waiting until he was a bit away before hurrying at making her way into the nearby art building; turns out deciding to start college early had been a pretty good decision.

© 2013 Cherrie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on October 14, 2013
Last Updated on October 14, 2013
Tags: Drabble, Random

Author