A womans envy

A womans envy

A Story by Cheryl
"

How envy and hatred can destroy families

"

From life to death through envy

The gripping truth of what envy can do, started out as an innocent attraction and encounter the the awsome gifts of relationshop and love , amounted when two eyes met and there was a spark of hope that he would be the one for her , what started out as a spark of love and life ended in tragedy and a broken family for all eternity. It was a beutiful morning and having gone through a few tragedys only at the age of twenty five, she rose early and told herself it was gonna be another day, no one would expect that when you are born you would grow up and have to face so many challenges and obstacles, but she had to fight through and for life from the time she was a child. She remembered as she walked to work that morning, no one really gives you anything, you have to make a way, when she was only twelve years old her family sent her away to school in a small town, there was no one to care for her, her mother had gone of and married again and had little time since she had her own life , she lived with her grandmonther and aunt. They seemed to take care of her, she had what many have a roof over her head and food to eat. In her world this was the only thing she knew about love. Alison was shy girl , even at school when she made friends she did it with great fear that she would never really be accepted, when she got to high school her first encounter with a man was strange to her, when a young man told her he loved her, she laughed. In her heart she did not not know this thing called love. Raised in a family were life was , get up go to work, come home eat , do the odd things , watch television, or read a book, that was life nothing more nothing less. So love was non existant in her world as a child, no one said well done on passing, or I am so proud of you….this was non existant in her family. She went through life not worrying about such things.

What Alison did not know , that what was ansent in her home, would affaect every area of her life as an adult. There eye met and she notices that he had come into the store were she worked and he noticed her, she felt wow, I think this guy likes me, he seems really nice, he was well dressed with a crisp white , it looked like pure cotton , a white shirt and black trousers, he had the most amazing large green eyes. His smile seemed to reflect the sun. She served him that day and went on her her way. What a nice guy she thought, I wonder who he is. As the day ended she forgot about him, he was just another customer that came through the store. She awoke yet another day, and made her way through the norm, she went to work. It was about mid-day and the young man re-appeared, this was no accident , he had come into the store again because he fancied Alsion, he bought himself a ties just so he could meet her. Well that moment lead to a twenty year marriage that lead to the distruction of an entire family. He asked her out and in the most natural way they began dating. She had been married before, but the man she married left her after a month. It was a painful time but once again she survived. She had a child and this young man appeared to accept her, even with a child. Appearnces are so decieving, she was naïve and totally oblivious to the human soul and how it at the power to destoy. Life just appeared as in her world life should. Alsion and Jason began a realtionshop and all just seemed so well. He really seemed to like her. She felt normal, she never has issues with low self esteem or judgements she understood in her world at that time , she was just who she is.

After a full year of dating , Jason wanted to move to another town to get work and make a life for himself, so he asked her to move. She really did not have any reason not to, so she applied for a position in a branch of the company in the town they wanted to move to. To her surprise she got the job. Within three days her life changed. She knew Jason for a whole year now and they really enjoyed each others company and what appeared to be love to her. He appeared to come from a good family. She moved to the new city and Jason and Alsion had to find a way to see each other, she lived with her brother when she got there. After a couple of months Jason and Alison found a flat and moved in together , still everything seemed fine, he had accepted her child and they appeared to live very happy. Six months after they had settled down and got on with life. What Alison did not know that Jason family did not know that he had been living with her. She was at work one morning and his mother called her and asked her how was her son, too her surprise she said he was fine and why was she asking, she was under the impression he was close to his family. His mother told her he had not called home for six months. Alison was naïve and added to that a soft and caring person. As the year went by his mother became close to Alison and she eventually made Alison believe that she liked and accpeted her into their family. After a year went by Jasons family moved up to the same town and Jason. What Alison did not know how much her mother-in-law would actually hate her.

She was soft spoken and used her words carefully always apperaing kind and good. Alison did not know her lack of love from her own life would cause her to be deceived. Jasons mother drew her close to her as the days and months went by. Everything appered good and life went on. Nine years after Alison and Jason had lived together Alison fell pregnant with their own first child, her own Son was ten years old. She was very close to his mother and somewere in her heart she thought, maybe this woman would be the mother she never had. She ebraced this love that seemed to be coming from Jason mother , it appeared so sincere to her. When the baby was born the whole family celebrated , Alsion came from a christian back ground and was a practacing christian , but when her baby was born she felt like she also wanted her child to  have a bit of her history and faith. She began to take and interest in her faith , and to her surprise she was overwhelmed by all this love she learned about God. Over the years her mother-inlaw and her became close and Alison trusted her. What Alsion did not know that the woman was shaping her and moulding her as time went by and Alison was obedient. What ever she was told she did, because that’s what life was life. Her mother �"in law began to tell her , she needed to wear make up and dress in a certain way. She said men wanted woman like this, so trusting her she believed and slowly but sure she began to change. Now Jason never really had any issues with her before this and as time went by he noticed she changed her dress and wore more make-up, he began to give his comments. Ten months after their first child was born she had her second child and still everything seemed normal. But something was happening , Alison began doubting that she was good enough for Jason and his family , she doubted that she could be a mother or a wife, because her conversations with his mother. As time passed she developed the desease of low self esteem. His mother with often tell her that her son loved her more then he loved Alison. This went on for years, and as time passed. Alsion began to read up on what was happening to her and found out that she what she was expereincing was emotional abuse. The holiday were coming up and in their home they had huge family dinners at x-mass and new year. Jason gave Alsion a beautiful home and the best money could buy. It was x-mass day and the first appearance of envy appeared. Jason sister took Jason to a store and made him buy Alison and his mother the same rings for x-mass.

Alison had been behind the seens reading up on what she was feeling. She had no idea how hated she was. Jason grew in money and stature as a business man. As a family they were okay. Life went on each day. Jasons mother had a plan. She wanted revenge because Alison had taken her son away from their home town, she plotted for year in and year out, she was patient , she stripped Alison of her self esteem little by little each year. After her children were born and growing , Jason told Alison that her friends envied her, she must not go out and work ,she must stay home and take care of the children. Jason and his mother were close, Jason confided in his mother, and what Alison did not know that whatever he told his mother she was using against his family. He told and complained to his mother that he did not like the idea that Alison wanted to stay at home and look after the kid. He told her her believed she must go back to work. That the kind of woman he wanted. But Jasons mother encouraged Alison to do just the opposite of what Jason wanted. She worked her magic each day. As time passed Jason grew cold towards Alison and began to go out more and went on holidays and overseas with his cousins. His mother told him this was the right way. He began to live a single life and eventually in the home the bills were not being paid and the situation got worst. Jason would come home and fight, he would tell Alsion that she was a bad mother and a bad person, she was fat and ugly. Alsion withdrew and went inside herself trying to fight not just Jason but an entire family she thought loved her. Jason grew and oepned a resturant , it was successful the more he grew the more she died. Jason started having an affair with one their best friends ex-wife. The whole family tried to hush it up. Alison would go to the resturaunt and every one knew. When Alsion did eventually find out abou the affair, there was nothing she could do. She tried to make her life right and turned to God and her faith, to her surprise this too would let her down. Alison grew wary and fought emotional abuse and the battle to stay alive each day, the children were growing and watched them and listened to them fight every single day. Jasons mother was glowing, she was winning she was going to get what she believed was taken from her. In Jasons family his father had many affairs and his mother had to accept this, when Jason was born she took a vow that the only man she would ever love would be Jason and this became her reality in the end. The children were eight and nine years old when Jason wanted a dirvorce. Alsion heart broken and lost lost her marriage , them she lost her home, and because she never wnet back to work, she lost her children. The children lived with their father for over a year and after a year Jason and his mother father and sister took a house together. Jason mother got what she worked for for eighteen long years. She won she got her son back.

She got to see her children twice a month ans every time she went to go and pick up her children she saw the glow in Jasons mothers eyes , she watched and saw how one womans envy destroyed an entire family for all eternity

Alison never lived again, she existed each day, she no longer believed in God, she wanted some form of juctice for such things that happened but nothing changed………

What else could Alsion do, she had no hope,,,,she carried that pain with her each and every day……..

Nothing is what it appears to be……..Alsions mother in law was the sweetest , soft spoken most kind and caring person in the world……

No one will ever find out the truth of who she really was……there is no God to bring jsuctice for such things in the world…..one more soul lost forver……

Well what do you think …..finish Alisons story for the rest of her life

© 2013 Cheryl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on January 18, 2013
Last Updated on January 18, 2013
Tags: love and hate

Author

Cheryl
Cheryl

Gauteng, Sandton, South Africa



About
I write short stories of life through expereince more..

Writing