The Story Of Them

The Story Of Them

A Story by Chesney W.

The Girl.

   She grew up with her mom and her stepdad. She never knew of her birth father. She had a stepsister and she had a stepbrother. Her mother had a little baby, a girl. That girl grew up daddy's little princess, now she had three bullies at home. Her stepdad abused her, he beat her until his arms got tired. She was mistreated and wronged. She started school and no one payed her any attention. She had to sit in the corner all day, everyday. The kids always picked on her, because she was the poor child, the one who never had anything. She had learned to ignore them, until Junior High. While everyone else wore American Eagle and Aeropostle brand uniforms, she only had things she got from Helping Hands. She was an outcast. In High School, she decided she wanted to stand out more, to show her confidence. She became Emo and Scene. They all asked her why she did it, her reply always the same, "Because I want to" . Eventually kids became used to her differences. They still teased her for a lot of things though, but now it was becasue she was different, because she was slightly above the average weight, because she dyed her hair, because she had peircings. She finally went back to being 'normal' , and just blending in, only standing out very little. Kids still pick on her. Nobody seems to like her, and she usually cries herself to sleep everynight. She has no friends at school, and no one in her own house cares about her. She has a lot of thoughts about just running away, to just get away from everything and everybody.

 

The Boy.

   He was born into a strange family, very secluded from the rest of the world. His parents beat him for any thing he did wrong. He had absolutely no friends because he was homeshooled.  He's now graduated. He listens to very odd music, things most young adults don't listen to. He knows about Beethoven and Bach. He's very lonely and wishes he could cry, just to let some of the pain out. He thought about suicide.

 

Them.

  They found each other, her sitting on a bench at the park, and him needing to sit down to rest after a long run. She asks, "Are you okay?"

   "Yea, I'm fine. Just came back from running," he replies.

   "Oh, okay. Must've been running a long time."

   "Not really, just ran hard," he informs her.

   "Oh. Well I better get going. My mom's probably wondering where I'm at right about now, and my stepdad most likely has a paddle in hand, waiting for me to walk in."

   "Damn, you sure you want to go back?"

   "Well, if I don't go, they'll come looking for me."

   "What if you hide?" he asks her, wondering why she chooses to live that way.

   "Where could I hide at?"

   "You could come to my place. I don't usually invite people over, but if it keeps you from getting abused, then I'm fine with you being there."

   How sweet, she thinks to herself. Out loud she says, " I guess I could. But how do I know you're not some sort of rapist or something?"

   "I'm not, I promise," he says with a small smile.

   "Okay," something about his smile makes her trust him, "but can I at least know your name?"

   "Samuel."

   "I'm Brooklinn."

   "Brooklinn," he repeated. "Nice to meet you."

   "You too." She smiles, the way he said her name makes her insides feel funny. There's something about this boy that makes her feel as if she's known him her whole life.

 

Three Years Later.

You are invited to the wedding of

Brooklinn Elizabeth & Samuel Ryan

Saturday, June 5th of 2015.

~Wyatt~

© 2012 Chesney W.


Author's Note

Chesney W.
This is a story between two people who grew up in what we call a 'broken home' . They both had a bad childhood, and they just want to forget everything. They meet each other and they finally don't feel alone anymore.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice story. You are blessed with creativity chey.
A sad story with a beautiful and a happy ending.It was interesting.

(For sure God never abandons the oppressed.

Posted 11 Years Ago


It ain't broken. Stepdad's love has been what? for child untimely born or for all his charges? Does it matter? Okay the Champiomn of love in spirit has come to visit. Does the word Beulah Resinonate. Seemingly.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This was really cute, I thought. The perfect story of two broken people learning to protect and look out for one another. It's very comforting to know he just wanted her to be safe from harm and not be hurt anymore. He was her protector and she was there to help him forget his life. Together, they were perfect shields and strength for each other. Each saving one another from their own battles. Wonderfully written :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

thank you
DoNt LoSe YoUrSeLf

11 Years Ago

Welcome :)
A simple plot mechanism, commonly employed. While in most cases it runs in the style of "boy from broken home meets girl from happy family", in this case both are from ruined households, and are drawn to each other through the simple fact that they share an agony. Together, their company turns agony into tolerable biding, till the sweet ending, which I personally thought was a nice touch, given in the form of a wedding invitation. A simple short story - and a writer who shows promise. Well done.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

:D Thank you so very much!!!!!XD
i hope things turn out nicely!!1 and awesome seriously awesome piece o wriing!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

thank you
Its a good story liked it. keep writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

thank you,,glad you like it
i love this:) oh and by the way you have been hacked :) love you
-Jessica Lauren

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

lol...jess you crazy
I'm Just me:)

11 Years Ago

i know :) lol
how beautiful is this ...
you have my heart for this piece ...
i am amazed how you come up with such striking stories..
i hope this is not true because if it is, then this has got to be the luckiest couple ..
so sweet :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

this is like the basics of both our lives... not actually being beat though, but i don't know if he .. read more
Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

and thank you for the review,,im glad you liked it

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2012
Last Updated on November 15, 2012

Author

Chesney W.
Chesney W.

Grove Hill, AL



About
Hello, I'm Chesney Wilkerson. I'm 22 and happily married to my best friend. Most of the writings here are stuff from high school, so ignore the immaturity of it all. I went through quite a lot while I.. more..

Writing
Moma Moma

A Poem by Chesney W.