Bullying Kills

Bullying Kills

A Story by Chesney W.

This girl, she's 3.

She seen her dad abuse her mother.

She seen him throw her across the room.

He killed her.

She held her grandma's hand as her mom went 6 foot under and her dad went to prison.

 

This girl, now 6.

She lives with her grandparents.

Her brother's 13.

He and his best friend rape her every other night.

She was threatened, so she couldn't tell and she cried herself to sleep.

 

This girl, 8 years old.

Watched her grandma die of a heartattack.

Living with grandpa and brother.

She had to cater to them.

She did everything for them.

She got beat just for talking.

She went to school embarrased by the marks on her body.

 

This girl, 10.

Seen her brother shoot the gun,

leaving grandpa with a hole in his head.

Brother's now in prison with dad.

All alone.

She belongs to the state.

Going from foster home to foster home.

That's not how a little girl should grow up.

 

This girl, she turned 13.

She wears black to represent her life, a black hole.

She has scars from cutting.

She hides behind her hair and listens to music way too loud.

 

This girl, 14 years.

Discovered cigarettes and alcahol.

She hangs out with these people who are high 24/7.

She learned about pot and cocaine and weed.

She says it clears her mind and helps her forget.

 

This girl, now sweet 16.

She's dating a 25 year old.

He buys her drugs and drinks.

He took what was left of her virginity.

She writes about her pain and sorrow.

She hardly ever stops crying and she doesn't talk to many people.

 

This girl, recently 17.

She's a senior.

Nobody likes her.

She gets bullied and finds life threatening notes addressed ot her.

She's made a decision.

She starts to write.

 

"Dear anyone who might possibly care,

   I don't like living this way. Ever since I was little, everyone said that everything was my fault, that life would be simpler without me. I watched my mom, grandma, and grandpa die. My brother and dad are in prison for murder. My brother and his friend used to tell me things. They said that everythign would be fine as long as I did what they wanted. They raped me. I told you all that my cat scratched me, but honestly, I made those cuts myself. I thought that by doing that, I would one day wake up from this ongoing nightmare. I took up drinking and I done drugs, I thought that would take my mind off of things, but it didn't. It became an addiction. Most of my peers don't even know that I exist and the rest of them threaten to slice my throat. Everyone wants me dead.I guess your lives would be less complicated without me. Thank you for taking more time reading this than realizing I was a person. Goodbye now.

  This girl."

 

They found the note when they found her. Pills scattered all over the ground and there she was. Hanging from a noose tied to the tree right outside of school.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Think about how someone's life is. You never know how hard they've had it until they tell you.

Bullying can lead to a dead end.

 

Instead of taking time to make fun of someone or threaten them, take that time to get to know them.

 

Bullying Kills.

 

© 2012 Chesney W.


Author's Note

Chesney W.
Bullying really needs to stop.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was a great story. I hate bullying with a passion. I write so much about bullying too because of the speeches I made. When someone ends their life over it the community needs to start stepping up. They need to start making anti-bullying campaigns all over this nation. People really need to step up and make this world better for all the children that are dying because of it. Thank you for sharing. You told this story amazingly well. I feel bad that the girl died. You feel bad for anyone that dies from something that should stop forever.

Posted 11 Years Ago


tells a story and a message, keep it up, great work

Posted 11 Years Ago


wow... this took my breath away. Great Job :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

thanks
Very mature and sad, but well done...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

thank you
The Analog Kid

11 Years Ago

YW:)
story and its presentation is awesome... Really liked it...... Keep it up.....


Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

thank you
i actually had a tear rolling down my cheek as soon as i reached stanza 3 and ever since i just cried and cried a lot ...
this stuff should not be real because if it is then humanity has died and we should begin killing ourselves if such things are happening around us and we can't do anything about it ..

heart breaking ...
we should feel ashamed of ourselves as humans

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

thanks for the review
The story teaches wisdom. Never know what kind of life another had. Best be kind to all people. No reason for negative. Thank you for writing the powerful and sad story.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

thank you for reviewing
The world would be a lot better if everyone spread more love. Why are our young so steeped in hatred?

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

love and kindness would make the world so much better...
I agree bullying is horrible. It should stop and people should be nice. This is sad. I wish you the best and hope you never do anything to hurt yourself. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

I'll try not to, and thank you for caring.
Jocie

11 Years Ago

of course I do
I, I feel like crying now...it's a strong message, i like it though...bullying does kill, it kills a lot of kids and teens. Thank you for this idea.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Chesney W.

11 Years Ago

thank you for reading and reviewing, and I'm sorry that it almost made you cry.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

749 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on November 29, 2012
Last Updated on November 29, 2012

Author

Chesney W.
Chesney W.

Grove Hill, AL



About
Hello, I'm Chesney Wilkerson. I'm 22 and happily married to my best friend. Most of the writings here are stuff from high school, so ignore the immaturity of it all. I went through quite a lot while I.. more..

Writing
Moma Moma

A Poem by Chesney W.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Who? Who?

A Poem by EMMIE