A Home for all of my Memories

A Home for all of my Memories

A Story by Chet

My home is a place to live; it's a place of warmth, a place of laughter, and a place of memories.  How much of this do I need to feel like this is home?  If I have everything except the memories, is it home?  Does it even matter? Over time, our past becomes today's memories.  The things we whispered to each other in the dark.  The time we laughed so hard I fell out of my chair.  Or the time you watched me cry and held my hand.  Or that awful thing that happened that nobody talks about.  Who knew memories could be so fleeting and so powerful.  Perhaps I don't want to remember.  Perhaps it's too painful?  Would that be so wrong?  How then do I make a home if I refuse to remember?  All I want is to go home again. Wrap myself in the warmth of a memory so comforting and so secure.  To a time when someone else took care of my safety and saw to my needs.  I guess that is not really possible is it?  No, it's not.  so, it's time to remember and create a new home, a home for all of my memories.

© 2013 Chet


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on July 7, 2013
Last Updated on July 16, 2013
Tags: Home, divorce, change

Author

Chet
Chet

Baltimore, MD



About
I'm interested in Fiction that explores alternate worlds, realities, or points of views. more..

Writing
Rainbow Tears Rainbow Tears

A Poem by Chet


AmonJon Chapter 1 AmonJon Chapter 1

A Chapter by Chet


Lad  Chapter 2 Lad Chapter 2

A Chapter by Chet