A Small Prologue

A Small Prologue

A Chapter by Cheville
"

Piece of the History of the world of Xelion.

"

Prologue



This isn’t supposed to be an excellent or professional story. It is not fiction in my eyes. The characters are not fake and so aren’t their adventures, with or without each other. This story �" better called biography - is about a world. A world different than this one. It’s a world with mages, pirates, pixies, mermaids and much more non-existent creatures. It has enormous lakes, huge mountains and wide forests. It is filled with beauty and an atmosphere you can’t describe. Four nations happily living together, appreciating Mother Nature and all her gifts and everyone is in perfect harmony.


I have to apologize. That was a lie.

Of course I didn’t lie about the creatures that live there and I wasn’t lying about the beautiful landscapes you can find. However, I was lying about that all four nations live happily in harmony. They did, once, a very long time ago. Until the king of the nation Heberon, Tryon, made a huge mistake twenty years ago.

Back when he was a prince, young and warm-hearted, he was supposed to marry the princess of the nation Verula, Nyla. Such a good actor he was, lying about his love for her. Oh no, he didn’t love her. It was quite the opposite. He hated her. He hated her laugh, her fake smile, her vision upon the human mankind and her awful wardrobe.

The night before their wedding, Prince Tryon carefully took the sword of his heir off the wall. There was a clear reflection of the moon upon the beautiful steel and the wind was howling through the trees of the forest of Yi’Qarr, as if it knew the scenery which was going to take place.
By the end of the night, that beautiful steel had gone filthy. Dark red drops of liquid leaving the edge of the sword, leaving marks on the white marble floor. The, with silver roses decorated, walls were covered in the princess’s blood. No one was there to notice.

The day of the wedding Princess Nyla didn’t show up. Tryon waited and waited for her at the altar but of course, she never came. Acting in sadness and sorrow, deep inside Tryon’s heart laughed victoriously. He made himself King afterwards. He was the first Prince, after all and the Kingdom needed a King. The guardians had  been searching for years, but eventually they gave up. They never suspected the kind King Tryon. It’d be completely illogical, as he was Princess Nyla’s fiancé. Princess Nyla was his better half! Impossible, wasn’t it? Little did they know…


However, the people of Verula were convinced King Tryon had killed their precious Princess Nyla and they were furious. Not needless to say, the Verularians were not nice or kind people. The words ‘sympathy’ and ‘compassion’ were inexistent to them. This nation was filled with hate, disgust and grief. The Verularians  ruled the darkest magic of all: Obscurum Fall.  Some people swear it was more powerful than the magic of light, Virtus Lucis, other people begged the differ. Obscurum Fall could cause illusions; it could torture people, kill people and send them to the depths of their despair.
Making smart use of that power, three bloodthirsty Verularians had taken King Tryon to their land at night and they tortured him for three days and three nights. They wanted to punish him for his unspeakable deed. Executing him would not be enough. He had to suffer.

On the fourth day, King Tryon was almost at his end. He confessed. The Verularians sunk in madness and they planned on beheading him the day after. That night, a sinister figure appeared in the cold cell where King Tryon had been befriending his agony for the past three days. The figure cut Tryon’s shackles and together they fled for freedom.

Back in Heberon, King Tryon declared a war against Verula. The sinister creature, whose name was Erios Vault, became King Tryon’s right hand. This is how the story began.



© 2015 Cheville


Author's Note

Cheville
I don't know if is really a prologue, but this is just a piece of history that might come in handy. It is very small. Enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this prologue! I feel like it set the tone for the rest of your story and I can't wait to read more. Very well written!!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 7, 2015
Last Updated on February 7, 2015


Author

Cheville
Cheville

About
I'm not different from any writer on here, yet I am my own person. I write to get my thoughts off and I hope I can get some feedback on my story to better myself. more..

Writing