Boy trouble

Boy trouble

A Story by SweetDreams
"

Girl..At an all boys school?

"

Another school again....Vanessa no one else will accept you that was your last chance,  why do you do this i dont get it” says her mother “I DONT FIT IN ANYWHERE, not here not at school, not at soccer no where!” yells Vanessa “Vanessa dont talk to your mother like that” answers her father,

 

 “Mother... You have got to be kidding me, she hasnt done anything in anyway to prove to me that i am her daughter, she looks down upon me but no vivienne and alicia are perfection, i am apart of this family too you know” i say as nerves begin to fill me up inside. I have never felt so alone in my life, they never talk to me until i get introuble, is that what its going to take. 

“well now what are we going to do with you, you need an education but no one will take you” her mother says with a harsh tone. “Oh trust me i know what its like to feel unwanted so its nothing new” i yell as i run upstairs and slam my door. I dont know why they hate me so much or why im so much “dead weight” holding them down, as i walk out of my room i can hear my parents talking down stairs about where to send me. I hear my mum asking about St Anderson Boys collage and well basically you see my names Vanessa Anderson and my dad happens to own St Andersons boys collage...its a boys school...a boys boarding school and theres no chance that im going there.

 

A couple hours later my mum calls me down, i knew how our conversation had ended last time so i was nervous and i didnt really know why. “Vanessa its come to the point where no other school will accept you soo our last option was trialing you at St Anderson Boys collage”she says with hesitation “MUM IM NOT GOING TO AN ALL BOYS BOARDING SCHOOL” i yelled “Ness we have no other option” dad interupts “Ughhhh fine when do i start” i answered,“monday, annette is already upstairs packing” Mum adds

 

Withought answering i storm upstairs and lay on my bed, “Annette i really have screwed up havnt i” i say holding back the tears, “It doesnt have to be forever honey, pick your grades up and you will be out of there in no time” “But what if its not that easy” i add “Honey i never said it would be but i know you can do it, i have always believed in you” She says whilst getting up and sitting on the bed next to me, “Life will have its ups and downs, life will never be perfect but if you make it perfect nothing else matters, you can turn this situation around and make it better trust me” she adds “Thanks Annette” I say as i hug her. 

 

As Sunday begins to come to an end i begin to panic about the fact that i will be the only girl in ammongst a whole school of boys, you would think that it would be a girls dream but its far from being mine.

 

During dinner i didnt talk,i just wanted it to be over and done with so once i finshed i walked up stairs had a shower and texted my bestfriend Annabelle.

“Hey annabelle, bad news im going to an all boys boarding school...starting tomorrow”

“Vanessa tel me your joking and i swear to god if this is a trick i will have your head i swear”

“Im sorry but its not, trust me i wish it was but its not”

“Vanessa this is horrible are you okay”

“No not really but i have to go to bed ill text you after tomorrow, bye love you”

I headed to bed with a million thoughts taking over my mind, I didnt know what i was going to walk into tomorrow but i have to stay strong like i am and i can handle it and i will prove to my family that i am just as important as my sisters Before i know it i was being woken up by the pinging sound of my alarm clock.

 

“VANESSA, your bags are loaded into the car, get up into your uniform and get ready.”Shouts mum, At least i dont have to wear there uniform i guess well i do but i get a skirt so its sligtly been transformed into something more “girly”

 

I get dressed into a black highwaisted skirt that comes upto my knees, i put on a white dress shirt and tuck it in, i add knee high grey socks along with a pair of black flats. I brush my long brown hair and tie it into a messy bun. I wonder downstairs into the kitchen were my family is awkwardly waiting for me. 

 

“You look great honey” Says my mum to break the silence, “Yeah okay can we get this over and done with” i add in a harsh tone, “Nessa thats not the way to speak to your mother” Interupts my dad, “You out of everyone i thought you would at least want your daughter to stay, i thought i meant more to you then that, you never stick up for me and look where we are now your sending me away to an all boys boarding school. Sometimes i know you wish i was a boy but i never thought you would take it this far.” I say as tears start to fill my eyes. “Why do you hate me so much, your my family, but i cant wait to go because maybe people there will accept me no matter what even if im a girl, because you guys sure as hell dont.” i add as tears roll down my face.

 

As everyone sits there looking at me, thinking very carefully about what there going to say next. “We dont hate you ness” dad says as if he actually cares. “Annette can we go i honestly cant be in a room of people who are trying to ship me away” i add quickly, 

 

As Annette starts the car i say my final goodbyes and decide to keep the short and simple. I grab My black backpack and join Annette. “Eveythings going to be okay, trust me, ill pick you up on term break” annette says, i stare out the window and as 40 short minutes pass we arrive, “Would you like me to help you settel in?” annettes asks,” well im definetly not walking in there alone’ i add in fustration.

 

We begin to unload the car,and as we do our many trips up to my dorm room everytime more and more students begin to stop and stare at me. “Vanessa, dont worry there not judging you there just confused as to why exacrly a girl is moving in, dont worry it wont last foever” Annette wispers in a calming tone, as i sit on my bed i start to cry “I dont know what i did or why they hate me but this isnt the place for me”i struggle to get the words out without breaking down. “Vanessa, you like soccer and they have a great soccer team, you never know you might fit in here you might be happy here”, i sit there looking into the hall way watching all the boys walk past laughing with eachother, pushing eachother around, there happy here, i just hope that i can be too. As i walk Annette down to the car and wave her goodbye i can see people still staring at me, My eyes are sore and red from crying, My hair is messier then when i got here and i in gerneral look completely discusting. 

I hear boys wispering, i see them pointing, i rush back up towards my room i slam my door and sit on my bed and carry on unpacking. I feel so unwelcolme here. I continue to unpack and get pretty much everything done when i hear a knock at my door.

“Hey, im Jacob” He says avoiding eye contact, “And im Vanessa” i say, it gets awkward for a while, “I know what your thinking, why is a girl here blab blah blah, but i want you to know i had no choice, so i would really prefer if maybe your friends could stop staring at me as if im some kind of alien and accept the fact that im a girl” i add, i see his friends look up as if they were terrifyied, they walk off but well jacob doesnt, “You see i think its cool that we have a girl at our school” he says but this time whilst looking at me, “Thanks for the introduction but i should probably head to front office for my schedule”, i walk off and head towards the office.

 

“Hey, you must be vanessa” the lady says, “Well i am the only girl student at this school and i dont think any boys here would be called vanessa, so yeah i must be” i say in a sacrastic tone. She hands me my schedule, i have pretty good classes so thats a plus, i walk back to my room and grab my English stuff and head to class, as i walk into the class room the Teacher introduces me, “Goodmorning Class, today we have a new student joining us, Vanessa Anderson, would you like to tell us a little about youself”, i can see kids whispering and staring, this is really starting to get on my nerves, “My names Vanessa Anderson and i have been expelled form 3 schools so now no one else will take me and thats why im here” i say in a sarcastic tone, “Okay you can take a seat Vanessa”, so i walked towards the back of the room and sat next to the window, I saw jacob turn around to smile at me but i just continued to look out the window. Before i know it i had started to day dream and the sound of the bell startled me and made me jump, I saw kids all jump up and rush out of the classroom. But i on the other hand slowly packed up my things.

 

 it was lunch, I walked towards the cafeteria and got my food, normally during school hours we arent aloud in our dorm rooms, so instead i headed out to the grass and sat alone in the sun. I saw boys playing soccer, running around, having fun, and it just hit me as to how much i actually miss that. I looked down and read my book and out of no where a soccer ball hits me,

 

“IM SORRY” i hear a voice yell as i look up, and next thing i see is a boy jogging towards me, “Hey Vanessa, Im sorry about that” “Oh jacob hey,nah its okay dont worry about it” i answer whist passing him the ball, he kicks it over to his friends, i look down thinking he had left but he sits down next to be,

 

“So how was english” he says, “Umm it was okay, i really have to get used to people staring at me, but other then that” I answered. “Look yes your a girl and yes im a guy but if you need someone to hang out with, you can hang with me” “ you have your friends and im not going to come in and ruin that, there your friends, they might not accept me like you do” i replied. He got up and ran over towards his friends and for a minute there i thought maybe i had said the wrong thing. I continued reading my book when i heard him run back over. “I spoke to my friends and we could really use another player in our  

© 2016 SweetDreams


Author's Note

SweetDreams
ignore grammer, new writer

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on August 10, 2016
Last Updated on August 10, 2016

Author

SweetDreams
SweetDreams

Sydney, NSW, Australia



Writing