Love In Between Part 3

Love In Between Part 3

A Story by ChikHaley64

Jensen had been coming with me to the library everyday after he got done with football practice. It had been months since the day he kissed me. We never talked about it and he never did it again. I couldn't tell if he pitied me or if he really liked me. Thurma always giggled when she saw us together. She even asked if we wanted to come over for dinner one night, because she knew I didn't like Jensen coming over because of my parents.

 

I felt two arms grab me around my waist when I reached to put a book on one of the higher shelves in the library. I turned around to find Jensen, covered in sweat, smiling at me. His eyes always hypnotized me.

 

"Eww! Jensen you stink!" I laughed and tried to fight his gripe. We started laughing as he wrestled me to the floor.

 

"Carter! Shh!" Thurma gave us the death stare. It took everything I had to stop laughing.

 

"How was your day?" Jensen moved the hair out of my face and smiled at me.

 

"It was good. Of course this is my favorite time of day." Jensen smiled and helped me up from the floor.

 

"Are you ready to go eat dinner?" I looked at him. We were supposed to have dinner with my parets tonight. They were begging me to bring Jensen over and they were happy that we had been spending so much time together. They even asked if Jensen would like to stay the night. A question I was not comfortable with asking yet.

 

"Sure. Kind of ready to get it over with." I grabbed my backpack, said goodnight to Thurma and left the library earlier than I ever had. Ever since Jensen came along, I had been experiencing life differently. He brought me out of my comfort zone and showed me little corners of the world that I never would have noticed if it were not for him. I never really appreciaed how the leaves changed colors during fall and how jumping into a pile of raked leaves can bring so much joy to a child's eyes. How soft snowflakes could be or how snow can make even the ugliest people have the prettiest smiles. Then spring. When life burst into the ground and the flowers all begin to bloom. There are those ew flowers who take longer to show their full color. Jensen said that is how he thinks of me. A flower with so much potential, waiting for the right moment to show the world just how beautiful it can be.

 

As we arrived at the house, my mother ushered us in and my father offered to get us beverages. Jensen held my hand tightly and smiled when he could tell the entire situation was stressing me out. We got through dinner with ease. Jensen was wonderful and my parents adored him.

 

"Well. I believe it is time for us to go to bed. We have to be at work very early in the morning. Jensen you are welcome to stay here if you like. I know you live next door but I know you two are together almost 24/7." My mom smiled and carried all her dishes into the kitchen. Jensen squeezed my hand and smiled sweetly at me. I nodded and pulled him into the hallway. We came to a stop infront of the door to my library.

 

"Carter--" I shook my head and took a deep breath. This room wsa important to me. It held all of my books, journals, inspirations, and aspirations. Every important thought I have ever had has originated in this room. I took out the key and slowly unlocked the door.

 

"Open it." I said. Jensen stared at me for what felt like the longest moment.

 

"Are you sure?" I nodded and watched as he opened the door.

 

*JENSEN*

 

I walked into the room and discovered it was much bigger than I had pictured it. The room was filled with nothing but books and more books. I knew all of these books meant something to Carter. Every page held a piece of her. Pieces that she didn't want to share with anybody. Yet she let me in. This gorgeous girl was willing to let me into her secret world. She trusted me.

 

*Carter*

I watched as Jensen strolled around the room. Around my mind. These books represented who I was. As he came to the far corer of the room, he ran his hand over a sheet that was draped over a large object. My muscles tensed and I could feel warmth rise up on my cheeks.

 

"Can I lift this sheet?" He asked. I nodded my head and watched as he unveiled the biggest secret I had stored in this room. A beautiful grand piano sat in the far corner of the room. Jensen ran his fingers across the keys and looked back at me.  "Do you play?" I walked over to the piano and started to run my hands across the keys. I began playing the first piece I had ever written on my own. It was like any other love story. Innocent but full of emotion. A story of two people from completely different worlds who could not be more made for each other. It was a fairytale.

 

"Wow. That was beautiful Carter." I looked at him with tears in my eyes.

"I have never played for anybody before. My parents don't even know that I have this piano in this room." Jensen pulled me into a tight hug. I buried my face in his shoulder and cried tears of joy. To be able to share myself like this with someone is the best feeling in the world. I loved Jensen, so I wanted him to love me too. Every piece of me.

 

"What was that piece called?" I wiped the tears from my eyes and looked at Jensen.

 

"Its called 'Love In Between'. I have always wanted to find love in between the pages of a fairytale."

 

THE END

 

 

© 2014 ChikHaley64


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like it! And I agree with Carter, I wish I could find love in Between! The only thing that I was a little skeptical about was the piano. Not the piano itself, but the fact that the parents didn't know about it. I have two pianos in my house, and it doesn't matter where you are when someone plays them, or how quietly they play them, … you can hear it. Other than that, this was fantastic, and I'm sorry it had to end! :) Great job! Keep up the good work! :) ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ChikHaley64

10 Years Ago

I kind of left the piano a mystery that way. You never know, the room could have been sound proff be.. read more
Calibaster

10 Years Ago

Oh ... :) ;) That's awesome. You should slip the sound proof in there somehow! :) ;)



Reviews

I really like it! And I agree with Carter, I wish I could find love in Between! The only thing that I was a little skeptical about was the piano. Not the piano itself, but the fact that the parents didn't know about it. I have two pianos in my house, and it doesn't matter where you are when someone plays them, or how quietly they play them, … you can hear it. Other than that, this was fantastic, and I'm sorry it had to end! :) Great job! Keep up the good work! :) ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

ChikHaley64

10 Years Ago

I kind of left the piano a mystery that way. You never know, the room could have been sound proff be.. read more
Calibaster

10 Years Ago

Oh ... :) ;) That's awesome. You should slip the sound proof in there somehow! :) ;)
A nice finish to a story that could have ended much differently. My way of saying it wasn't predictable- which is a good thing.

As for the format, I would get rid of the distracting "Jensen" and "Carter" point-of-view words. Instead, italicize Jensen's words every time they appear.

The only thing that isn't believable is the parents being unaware that something as big and expensive as a grand piano was in their daughter's room.

Thanks for sharing this tender story.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Awwwwww :) This was soooo adorable!!!! I could go on reading this for hours! Too precious :) Love between a young boy and girl is one of the most beautiful things.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

423 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 24, 2014
Last Updated on January 24, 2014

Author

ChikHaley64
ChikHaley64

Durant, OK



About
The name is Haley! :) Currently in college! My goal is to make a difference in the world! I love to write, sing, read, play piano... live life really. Recently just got into making YouTube videos! Ple.. more..

Writing