He

He

A Story by Chinmay
"

An experience to which anyone can surely resonate to.

"
He was a 10th grader, above average student. And he only knew three worlds: his school, coaching class and home. Ask him where *** place was, and he'd say he didn't knew. Ask the same question to his 13 year old brother and he'd tell you the exact directions. He had some close friends, but all were boys. Some girls were only his 'face' friends; they only knew he was in their school and coaching. That was how he was.

So one day for some particular reason he had to stay behind in his coaching class. He opened his books and started reading. The tea her told another student to wait in the same class. His eyes scanned the newcomer. It was a she. One of the girls from the only group of girls in his coaching class. There were quiet moments. He liked it.
"So..." she started."Do you know how to solve this ?"
She slided him a book.
He glanced over, analysing the math. He was good at it.
"Its really easy, actually." He explained. And there was some vigorous scribbling done on the book.
"Thanks" she said.
There were some more 'problems', and some hours later, it was over. It was first for him for a girl asking him for something. He thought it probably meant he was started to get accepted in their mixed group of boys and girls. He knew for his age, being in an only boys and not in the mixed group was uncool. Somewhere in his heart, he craved for that. (But we all did, didn't we ?)

They both took out their bikes, walking with each other.
"Hey...uh.." she said. "Will you go on ahead ?.... If someone sees us, whey will think we're... "
He sighed. He knew it was an excuse. She didn't wanted to walk with him. For the past few hours, he'd been trolled.

Maybe not, he thought. She wasn't sure what to make out of it. And a few days passed along, until memories of this day shifted at the back of his mind.

One day he got his own cellphone. He was too happy and got all his friends' numbers. Some of his friends were smooth talkers, and they had no problem with the mixed group. He thought of attempting a move, and asked a 'face friend' girl her number.


And she said NO straight on his face.


He got back to his seat. We all know how that feels. And now, so did he. It was painful, and humiliating. He tried to ignore it and concentrated on the lectures that started after a while in the coaching.

After some hours the lectures ended, yet students stayed inside. Outside rain was pouring out, and streets filled with water. But he was too sad to care about that. He took out his cycle, and stormed off as fast as be could. The bike was old and rusty, so he had to pedal harder than usually needed. In one way, he took out his frustration my pedalling like crazy. Until he reached home and got scolded by his parents for not wearing his raincoat.

It was the same day after that, juggling around the three worlds like a mad man. That particular day he went as usual to the coaching after school, and saw his friends tying each other bands. It was Friendship Day.

Great ! Another s****y day, he thought.

He sat on the front desk as he always did and his best friend sat next to him, who was a virgin playboy. Moments later the girls' group came towards them, wishing the playboy and tied a dozen bands on his hand.

Then all of them turned towards him.
Is this really happening ? he thought. Being a shy person, he blushed. Just a little.

And that was when he became a permanent member of The Group.

© 2016 Chinmay


Author's Note

 Chinmay
Many of you can correlate to this situation. There are many teens who aren't 'cool' enough to be acknoledged by groups where guys and girls openly chat with each other. It isn't confidence that those kids lack, it it some kind of unknown pressure.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on February 29, 2016
Last Updated on February 29, 2016
Tags: acknowledgement, group, friends, girls.

Author

 Chinmay
Chinmay

Pune, Shivajinagar, India



About
A normal guy who's life somehow isn't normal. more..

Writing
Memory I Memory I

A Chapter by Chinmay