Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by VioletHeather92

As she stood in the shower, washing the blood from her hair, Freja wondered how she ever ended up in this life.


Freja was a young girl when her parents were murdered. Until then she was a normal and happy girl. Her parents, Isiah and Opal Dragonson, loved and cherished her. They were all happy. The night Freja’s parents were brutally killed they were out walking their dog Tiberius. It was a warm summers evening and the sun was just setting. Freja and Tiberius were playing ahead, Freja was throwing a ball for the lanky lurcher. Her parents were hanging back and watching them play. The scene looked like a happy family from a distance. But, listening into Isiah and Opal’s conversation, not everything was perfect. They had done something, something bad, something they regretted. It happened before Freja was even consummated, and now their past was catching up to them. They needed to get Freja somewhere safe before she got caught up in their mistakes. However, that mistake was already creeping up behind them.


Freja doesn’t remember much from that night. All she remembers is the blood, all that blood. And now she was washing away more blood. Trying to find the people that murdered her mother and father. She needed to know why, and who. She didn’t know of her parent’s past or all those mistakes they made. All she knew was that she loved them, they would good people and her life fell apart the night they died.


After their dreadful passing, Freja went to live with her Nana Minnie and Grandpa Abraham Geralt. She loved her Nana so much, but her Grandpa was an awful man. He was cruel and angry. Freja and her Nana were always on edge, having to creep around the house and making sure that they didn’t to anything to make him angry. 


When Freja was thirteen she approached her Nana, she was curious to know why her Nana Minnie stuck around in that suffocating and soul crushing house.


“Nana, can I ask you a question?” She asked.


“Of course, my little duck. What is it?” Minnie replied lovingly.


“Why do you stay with Grandpa? He is so awful to you.”


“My dear, you have no idea what he has done for this family. He was not once this resentful man. He was so loving and kind and gentle. But things… things have happened.” Nana Minnie began to cry.


“What happened Nana?” Freja questioned.


“You are too young. One day you may learn, but for now you are a child. You need to enjoy your childhood and not worry about these things.” Nana stroked Freja’s cheek.


“But I worry about you Nana. You are all I have. You and Tiberius.”


“Freja, do not worry about me. I have accepted everything and I would do it again. Please, do not ask me of this again.” 


Nana pulled Freja into a hug and promised never to ask her Nana of it again.



© 2017 VioletHeather92


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on June 29, 2017
Last Updated on June 29, 2017


Author

VioletHeather92
VioletHeather92

Guisborough, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom



About
I'm a Zoology graduate with an expansive imagination who likes to create different worlds and write for fun. more..

Writing