Bed Bugs.

Bed Bugs.

A Story by Chloe Madison Taylor.
"

Taylor.

"

I'm still sitting here. And all I can hear is my blood pounding in my ears, and the hum of the computer trying to calm my brain. All I can feel is my heart clenching up, trying to break itself down. The strength I used to feel running down my neck into my back holding me up , keeping my head held high is depleted. It disappeared the night you did. All I can see is a bright square of screen standing alone in a black, dark room. I don't deserve to be in a place like this while your in a place like that.

We were doomed from the moment we both walked into that fifth grade classroom. I have no idea what made us think that we knew it all. I have no idea what makes us think that we know it all. All I know is we know nothing about anything and this is the stuff they should teach us in school. They should teach us to hold eachother up when everyone else seems to be giving up. Because I'm tired of people changing their best friends like their underwear and i'm f*****g tired of late phone calls at night telling me the most recent horrifying news and I'm tired of rockstars dying and people crying and I'm mostly tired of this stupid bug crawling on the wall next to me, and I should really smash it and keep it from crawling into my bed later, when I finally find my way between my sheets, but I let it live, because everything deserves a fighting chance. I deserve a chance to find my strength so I can keep pulling through for you, keep you sane, pay you back for every night you kept me from tearing this f*****g town down. Every night you kept my feet glued to the floor and my fists by my side. You were always more chill than I was, and I've always been willing to fight for you.

You've just got to be willing to fight for yourself.

And I'm still sitting here. All I can hear is some music playing somewhere near, my sister flipping over in her bed, and the annoying hum of the computer trying to keep up with my music downloads. All I can feel is my fingertips tapping away and that annoying itch on my arm. The strength I had that used to race up and down my spine is back, and when I see that stupid bug crawling on my wall, I smash it. Because It had its chance to survive, now its your turn.

© 2008 Chloe Madison Taylor.


Author's Note

Chloe Madison Taylor.
short. I don't think anyone will read this, so if you did and your reading this now, hey. thanks. I really felt like shit when i started writing it and by the end i got my attitude back.
the picture is of mea nd taylor.
its not killer, but it made me feel better so i guess thats what matters, right.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You write like a thinker and think like a writer- I think you've found your calling.

Posted 16 Years Ago


dope.

Posted 16 Years Ago


The strength I used to feel running down my neck into my back holding me up , keep(ing?) my head held high is depleted. It

< 3

Posted 16 Years Ago


maaaan, again, wow chloe. -theres one place you need an edit but im so tired, remind me if you dont find it, youre like missing a word or something- but otherwise youre my frigging hero again. Serious, be a writer. You're good at it. I dont blow smoke. Nope I dont.

Love to Taylor.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

209 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 14, 2008
Last Updated on June 15, 2008


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Modern Warfare Modern Warfare

A Poem by LJW