The Colors

The Colors

A Poem by Chloe Mirabal
"

We've all had that one person that we feel this way about.

"
Blue is the happiness of summer, the warm breeze. It could also be that gloomy feeling I get when we don't talk. It is the raindrops from the sky, but also the tears that fall from my eyes. Green is the warm summer air, but also the happy feeling I get looking into his eyes. Although green is warm and joyful, don't let it fool you. Sometimes green can be like grass, beautiful, but a constant itch.
Pink is always so bright. Pink is like the nights I stay up talking to him. Pink can be as bright as his smile, but the bad thing about pink is that you'll never want it to end, and you are completely frightened that it may. Yellow is the warm summer sun hitting against my pale skin, but never tanning it. Yellow is the twinkle in his dark brown eyes as he's looking at me. Yellow is complete happiness.
Purple is the butterflies swarming my stomach. Purple is his positivie attitude and bubbly personality. Purple is like spring, and it smells like the prettiest flower in the garden. Grey is the pain of not being in your strong arms. It is the harshly cold winter air that you wish would go away. Grey is the smell of rain, camling and dark all at once.
White is an empty canvas. An unfinished painting. It's all the words I never said. White is beautiful though, like the bright stars on a clear sky, like the white puffy clouds in the sky, or the cold snowflakes that fall in the winter. White is his smile. That perfect smile that brings me so much joy. Orange is rather strange. Almost ignored, as if it doesn't get as much credit that it deserves. The kid that never gets picked for the team. It's the way he tries so hard to keep me in his life, but no one can see that, not even me.
Brown is what society considers "ugly", like mud. What they don't see is his chocolate eyes that send your stomach for a roller coaster ride just by looking into them. There's always a little bit of beauty I'm everything. Black is the dark world you go to late at night when he's not there. Don't let it fool you though, the darkness may be lonely, but it's where you find yourself. Black is a sad song with a beautiful meaning.
Gold is the rareness of his personality. It's what every girl wants, which causes the burning flame of jealousy. The burning pit in the bottom of your stomach as you lay in bed thinking about another girl being with him. It is also the feeling of being special because you're the one he chose. Silver is the second choice, something no one wants to be. Silver isn't as good, it's the background. It's second place. Never feeling good enough.
Tan is summer. Tan is the warm breeze and the dark skin. Tan is waiting. The wait is draining your color, but you know they're worth the wait. It's believening in you and me. Aqua is the ocean waves, the smell of fresh air. It is the smile that hides the tears you cry. It's how far I'd be willing to go for you.
Red is love. It's not the distance between us, it is our strong love for one another. It is the pleasure and also the hurt. Love makes people crazy because it makes absolutely no sense. It is getting hurt, but giving second chances. It is what I feel for you. It is everything about you combined, and that combination has me madly in red.

© 2016 Chloe Mirabal


Author's Note

Chloe Mirabal
This is my first time on here. I know this is long, it's about four pages on paper. I didn't really know what to classify it, so if you don't consider it poetry then I am sorry for the misunderstanding.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Her eyes filled to the brim with all the seas of the world hidden beneath. They spoke all you needed to hear if you simply listened. When she talks the words dance off her tongue to the rhythm of her soft voice. Her words far too surreal will leave you feeling empty inside should they ever leave. All I can hope is to cherish what she's given me for as long as it's given. I sure hope it's not a dream.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Her eyes filled to the brim with all the seas of the world hidden beneath. They spoke all you needed to hear if you simply listened. When she talks the words dance off her tongue to the rhythm of her soft voice. Her words far too surreal will leave you feeling empty inside should they ever leave. All I can hope is to cherish what she's given me for as long as it's given. I sure hope it's not a dream.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

532 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 16, 2016
Last Updated on January 16, 2016
Tags: Love, colors, romance, poetry

Author

Chloe Mirabal
Chloe Mirabal

Trumann, AR



About
I am sixteen going on seventeen and have always had a sort of passion of writing. I have been writing little things since I was eight, it always helped me feel better. more..

Writing