Bald and Beautiful

Bald and Beautiful

A Story by Chloe Mirabal
"

My beautiful sisters diagnostic.

"
It was may 18th, 2011 as I began to walk home from school as I saw my mom rapidly driving toward me on the dirt road. Her eyes were full of panic, I hopped in the SUV without questions, we raced off. I was feeling bothered as this was completely out of the ordinary. I turned to my mom and looked into her hazel eyes to try to find the answer, it was impossible. Her usually bright smile was turned into a frown as we headed toward the hospital. "Mom, what's going on?" I questioned, my voice full of concern. The air in the car became thick and tense. Anticipation grew over me as centuries passed before my mom replied.
"I don't know what's going on, they won't tell me, but they're sending Lynzie to Lubbock hospital," she stated. I was full of fear as we were driving to the hospital that was inconveniently two hours away. We were racing down the deserted roads as neither of us said a word, both too wrapped up in our own thoughts to let a single word escape from our lips. We got to Lubbock later that night and I was ordered to stay with my grandmother. After an extremely long day, I crawled into my grandmother's bed and fell into a deep sleep.
It was now May 19th as we entered the hospital room, my sight immediately blurred. The sight of my sister's pale, thin body was laying there motionless. There was a light thud at the door and in came a nurse with a bald babydoll. She sat at the end of the bed and spoke gently, "Lynzie," she began, "I'm sorry to have to deliver you this news, but you have cancer." In that moment, my heart shattered and millions of tears poured out of my eyes as I collapsed into my grandmothers arms. The lump in my throat prevented me from talking and the tears pouring from my eyes prevented me from seeing.
I could barely hear the nurse asking if I was okay because the sound of my whaling overpowered her tiny voice. My grandmother replied for me, "She'll be okay," she told. I didn't feel okay, I felt like my whole world had come crashing down. You know that moment on a roller coaster how it goes up and up and then shoots straight down? That's how I was feeling in that moment. I just kept thinking why? In that moment I told myself I would never take another person for granted again. You never know when you could lose one of the closest people you have.

© 2016 Chloe Mirabal


Author's Note

Chloe Mirabal
So just tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
Added on January 16, 2016
Last Updated on January 16, 2016
Tags: Cancer, sad, depressing, hospital, story, true

Author

Chloe Mirabal
Chloe Mirabal

Trumann, AR



About
I am sixteen going on seventeen and have always had a sort of passion of writing. I have been writing little things since I was eight, it always helped me feel better. more..

Writing