Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Chocolat Monster
"

There is nothing that could stop the coming of the dark, winter night. There is nothing that could stop the smile that found its way to my heart.

"
Prologue

     "Get Ready Maya, the car should be leaving soon." a servant warned, directing those words to a 10 year old girl now sitting down beside the window of the dark room, watching the delicate snowflakes touch the window before they slid down.

     This girl was a smooth, long, brown haired one, bearing two green emerald eyes that seemed so dull in the white weather. She wore a long, flower-decorated,  red kimono as she sat with her legs folded on top of each other on the ground, the only bright object that seemed to shine in the gray-painted room.  Her name was Maya Rokujou, having the surname of one of the most privileged Japanese families there is in the country. She was to be leaving soon to America, where she would study abroad and become a woman of high class, something she knew she had to do. 

     "How droll." Maya thought as she stood up, the long sleeve of her kimono falling over her arm as she passed by the mirror, stopping in front of it to look at what she had become. Her shining, yet lifeless, green emerald eyes stared at her own mirror image for a while, staring at a girl so fair and so pale-skinned that she was to be the snow herself. She stared at a girl that seemed so miserable, even though everything was given to her. She stared at a hollow corpse with no soul, being pulled by invisible strings that choked her to death. How droll indeed. 

     Maya, being lost in the world that is the mirror reflection, was woken up by the sounds of bags being rolled by the sliding door that separated the hallway from her room, which was more like a cage being cut off by a thin paper wall. She closed her eyes, after batting her long eyelashes awake from her thoughts and then breathed a hefty sigh, getting herself mentally prepared for the long road ahead of her. America, the land of the free. How ironic, correct? Maya was chained to her family, and America wouldn't break those chains, no. They would only make the chains stronger. It was then when the voice that was her mother spoke from the outside that Maya knew it was time, there was no turning back now. 

     "Maya, get out of there, we have to get in the car, are you ready?!" the woman asked harshly, walking away afterward, her shadow passing from Maya's sight. The woman did not even bother waiting for her child, for that woman expected for that child to follow her. No, that woman was not one to wait, that one would be one to keep moving forward. That one was chasing after her own dream, in which Maya was needed in. 

     "Coming . . . " Maya's sweet, flowering voice spoke, casting her eyes on the dresser to see her clip that lay there, another ornament that seemed to be one of the brightest things that illuminated the gray-lit room. She gracefully glided over there, with the sound of her kimono brushing the floor as it followed her, one of Maya's delicate hands picking up the small object while the other picked up the hair behind her, making room for the clip itself. Her hands gracefully moved behind her head as she held the clip between her lips, her hair being carefully tied around in a knot. You could see as brown locks fell over her shoulder as she pulled them up, slowly placing the clip where it should be, the end product being as beautiful as Belle. Maya walked over to the mirror again and examined herself, her hair being placed into a side bun while allowing another side to bear a long strand of hair that touched her shoulder, free from the restrictions of the bun. It was as if she was paler now when she heard the sound of the engines start, surprising Maya as she turned to the sound, her eyes widening in surprise before falling halfway again. Afterward, she then gracefully moved toward the sliding door, opening it, and then making her way out. 

~~~

     It was cold, the first thing she noticed when her wooden sandals dug into the icy snow, her head tilting upward to stare at the sky that was clouded gray, just like the rooms she had stayed in, just like her life. Maya wore another layer over her kimono that was colored blue, and she wore a strange hat, one that met at a point, one that shielded her green eyes from being shown. Oh, what a goodbye. Soon she would be leaving this mansion, this beautiful, white scene with the naked trees waning downward to the side as if they are asleep. Soon she would be leaving the old place, saying goodbye to the servants that spoke the language she was born with. Maya was standing there and before she took her first step she looked behind her, seeing the servants stare at her in awe with their very own dull eyes. They would be glad to be rid of her she knew, there was nothing better than having the house to yourself.  

     "Maya, hurry child!" the woman spoke again, only more forcibly causing the young girl to turn around, casting her green eyes on the woman that gave birth to her, trembling briefly under her own kimono that had the same colors as Maya's. That woman was holding the car door open for her child, and so without wasting any time, Maya started walking over, indulging in the last feeling with the snow crunching under her feet and the sight of the white blanket tucking the trees to sleep. Her eyes were being stuck on her feet, watching the footprints she made with the snow and burning that memory deep within her head. America wouldn't have snow, she knew, reason being why she did so. 

     "We will be going to a new place," her mother spoke as Maya stopped in front of the car, right beside her mother who was still holding out the door for her, that woman's hand touching Maya's shoulder,

     "How do you feel?"

     How did Maya feel? Oh, as she stood there, many things ran through her head, her emerald eyes staring down at the warmth that only was located a few feet in front of her that was within the purring vehicle, a warmth that she feared would take her away to a place she would hate, a place with new beginnings. Maya knew that she couldn't just ignore her mother's question, so after closing her eyes like he had told her to, she breathed in and gave a small smile, recalling his.

     "I'm excited mother." Maya lied, looking up at the woman with a fake smile to get back the same, one that was filled to the brim with baseless pride, a pride Maya would never understand, nor will the generations after her.

     Afterward she proceeded into the vehicle and sighed, seating herself by the window, beside her mother in the back while her father stayed in the front, watching as his lovely women got situated with their kimonos before he ordered the driver to start making their way to the airport. Maya's eyes were glued to the window as her parents exchanged a few words, talking about their plans for her and the house they were going to be staying in, things that Maya would not take an interest in discussing. She was too busy looking out, indulging in the view that would soon become a far away dream, and right when they started to move, a small figure appeared right before her eyes on the other side of the street, making a tear run down Maya's cheek, one that she had been hiding for a very long time. 

     It was the boy, one that was around her age, his small figure appearing around the corner. He had short black hair and bright red eyes, and he was not wearing a coat, for he only bore a short sleeved shirt and some shorts, revealing legs so bruised as if he had ran without stopping, without being careful, just to see Maya leave. It was him, the one that made Maya smile, the one that taught her many things, the one that showed her warmth that truly stayed at the bottom of her heart, so chained and so cold. . . . 

     He was running after the vehicle for a while, mouthing a few words before he stopped and fell down to the ground, onto the hard snow, leaving Maya with tears running down her face with no one seeing, not even her parents as she recalled them: 

"I promise."


© 2013 Chocolat Monster


Love Me Not
1986, Penny Herrera falls into the predatory clutches of Matt, an older man who has no other intention than to alter Pen
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Chocolat Monster
Thoughts?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I predict a non-ending love.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Not bad, I suppose, but some of your language is very stilted and mechanical. I'd just make sure everything sounds alright to you, as there are some very glaring examples in this piece that make it a little difficult to take seriously. You seem to have a good story, and you've developed it well, it's just the little things that are holding it back.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Th-This is highly in-intresting. I am r-rea-ready for chapter one. K-Keep it your story, m-ma-make sure you feel the em-emotion of it and en-enjoy writting it. If y-you get bored with it th-there's n-no point in wr-writing it. It i-is very lovely, b-but add some description of th-the setting and possibly the ch-character's personality.
-Signed, A broken girl

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

oooh i look forward. i suspect a lot of ROMANCEXD!! can't get enough!!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Imagination-mage

11 Years Ago

Dude I love my tablet!!!
Chocolat Monster

11 Years Ago

XD Same. Almost as much as my comp. 83
Imagination-mage

11 Years Ago

Almost as much as Internet:D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Stats

349 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 7, 2013
Last Updated on March 7, 2013
Tags: Book, Prologue, Promise, Winter, Romance, Story, Cute


Author

Chocolat Monster
Chocolat Monster

Canoga Park , CA



About
Well . . My name is Coleen. I am a Freshman in High School, and I love Anime and Manga, so expect my stories to be a little "FAR-FETCHED". Know that if I'm not here, I'm either role-playing or.. more..

Writing