Fear

Fear

A Poem by chris36

 

Fear

By

Christopher L. Lisenbee

 

I feel my heart pounding against the inside of my chest, I know deep within my own soul that I have to take the chance, I am afraid of what’s to come, not so much as to what has already passed, the feeling is over whelming as the time nears, the fear that I feel of an empty page, the laughter of the blinking curser, the button marked enter, once you have decided then the whole world will see, once you press it there’s no going back, Am I good enough to stand with the best. I fear that my words that I hold so dear will fall upon deaf ears and I fear the pen of others as they stand as my judge. All of the work that I have spent, means absolutely nothing if I cannot represent. I remember a time that the only fear that I had was the fear of the night, but the second that I decided to write my words I found a whole new level of fear. It is as if I am standing in an open field and watching a tornado bearing down on me, it will surely destroy me, I scream into the face of the mighty beast, but still nobody hears me, my voice is lost and then swept away, I fear that no one cares, the fear that I feel is the fear of fear itself.

© 2013 chris36


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a true portrayal of emotion that is fear. This is very well written, well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This poem is soo true to most of us, and i like the rhyme of it. i ended up rapping when i was reading it but i know you did not write it for that. keep good poems coming Chris36. thanks

Posted 10 Years Ago


Shygirl

10 Years Ago

Nice to know I wasn't the only one! But anyway yeah really good job Chris36. It was really good!
read more
Chris, there are those days when we all feel as you and the poem, or story is about to be printed after we have poured our heart and soul into it and speculate as to how it will be received.

I no longer worry about it, but choose rather to believe in myself and keep forging on with the belief that I am my # 1 fan and it is up to me to have faith in what I want to achieve and go after it!! That fact that you have written this tells me you feel somewhat the same! Yes, fear - but fear is that which can be overcome as it is only a four letter word.....lol
Nice story!

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

194 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 19, 2013
Last Updated on September 19, 2013
Tags: fear, scared, horror

Author

chris36
chris36

IL



About
I am a paramedic from Illinois and I guess a starving artist, I have written two books and published one through publishamerica and yes I know what that means, so please don't comment on that. check o.. more..

Writing
Lost Love Lost Love

A Poem by chris36