Assassins Mind Games - Prologue - Unknown Months Earlier

Assassins Mind Games - Prologue - Unknown Months Earlier

A Chapter by Chris
"

Unknown Months Earlier.....

"
- Prologue -

It was an early evening in New York City. Fog clung low to the ground, masking her cargo pants from the knees down. A pair of boot steps echoed off the crumbling brick walls. The boots belonged to a teenage girl, her face was masked by a navy blue sweatshirt hood. The girls eyes were constantly shifting, looking for the slightest movement within the night fog.
Her attacker was swift, making its move from the ally way to her targets right.
The attacker propelled the girls body into the side ally against the crumbling red brick. A hand was held firm over the girls throat.
"So your Sage?" came the voice of a teenage girl.
Sage felt the cold brick pressing against her back, and the hand of her attacker up against her throat.
She didn't say anything as the other girl tilted Sage's head from side to side, as if shopping at a store.
Sage's eyes narrowed in the dull light focusing on her attackers face. Blond hair, pale skin. Nothing more could be made out.
"They said you'd be the hardest to track down. But I think otherwise." the girls voice was a sneer.
"That's what you think!" Sage shouted, and with her air supply getting low it took her last strength to push the blond haired girl away; at the same time she brought her left forearm up hitting her attackers arm, which was currently strangling her.
As the blond girl fell away Sage helped her by kicking the heel of her boot into the girls stomach.
The kick seemed to have little to no affect on the blond girl. She stood facing Sage, the two were tense circling each other like lions.
Sage was the first to make a move. Throwing herself at the blond girl Sage threw a cross punch, catching the girls nose. She fell back, blood ran down to her mouth.
Sage ducked as the girl on her way down lashed a fist out.
Sage's mind could see the victory out of the two, taking a step towards the girl she paused.
She's smiling, why is she smiling? She thought. Then Sage looked down to the blond girls hands.
The blond girl was reaching into her jackets pocket revealing something round, something that anyone who was in this kind of business should recognize. A grenade.
A crazy look over came the blond girls green eyes, "You better start running." she spit the words out along with some blood.
Sage unfroze, backing up she then dashed around sprinting towards the open streets.
Both would be blown up in this small ally way.
The girl sitting on her knees pulled the pin pitching the grenade towards Sage.
Sage could see the street lights getting brighter, but ducked hearing the grenade hit the wall above her.
Luck was on her side today, once hitting the wall the grenade bounced back to the thrower. The blond girl did not even have time to scream before being engulfed.
Sage continued to run, the blast had thrown her body down. Sirens could be heard already. Standing up she brushed her pants and arms off. Sage then shrugged her hood back on pulling it low over her face, her clenched fists were shoved into the front pockets of her sweatshirt.
Looking back down the ally, fire spread to the buildings. She shook her head, "Ametatures...." she growled, ducking out of the allies way just as the first of the blue and red lights appeared, she vanished into the fog of a New York City night.
  




© 2012 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
This is still being edited in certain areas. So please enjoy. I'll be posting more chpaters as they are written. Thanks. - Chris88 -

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

282 Views
Added on September 21, 2012
Last Updated on September 21, 2012
Tags: Assassins, Mind games, Chris88, thriller, action, adventure, Assassins mind games, crime


Author

Chris
Chris

About
I'm also on Writers Network, that is my main website where you can see my posts. I'm Chris88 on there too. Writing in the works - - Assassins Mind Games - - Amanda Wilson & Sector 11 - - The West.. more..

Writing