everyday

everyday

A Poem by Christel Grady

I can see The End

right before my eyes,

ears,

hands,

grasping at straws,

sleeping in shadows,

starving with fear

my dear.  The demise

of Mankind is

all around us.

Touch it quick

before it's gone.

© 2008 Christel Grady


Author's Note

Christel Grady
It's not often we can actually see the deterioration of the world. Take this as a comment about politics and the "State of the Union" if you will.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is exactly the kind of thing I like to read. It's short and to the point and yet you say so much without really saying much at all. I feel this way everyday when I look at the people and bustle of life around me and I wonder when the bombs are going to hit the surface. They've been flying around for years now and it's only a matter of time before they crash. I kind of look forward to it. I'll sing and dance in the naked streets and look forward to the beauty of a new world born that I will never get to see.

Rebirth.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Quite decadent and reminiscent of a transcient life. Now if I can just make it all vanish with the touch of my fingers ;)

I loved the prophecy of doom in this. Beauitufl piece.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Yes an end is in sight, but the fight has just begun. I loved the flow and ideas this gave to me as I read it. I felt as I could understand a deeper connection to the words and to the thoughts that provoke such a piece. We remain hopeful for a tomorrow that may never come as the wolves gain upon us. We continue to struggle to break free from the chains of an bastardization of our creative spirits. I feel this words and live the fight they speak of.


Great Job!!!!!!

Posted 16 Years Ago


I don't care too much for politics, so I am not up on it, however, I do like the sarcastic feel to this poem, i also sense the urgency of 'seizing the moment' if you will. Nice write!

~jason

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I feel like that on occasion. What I can't work out is if it a feeling common to all people at all times as we get older or whether things really are more perilous now. I suppose the longer a species goes on for the higher the risk of it's demise, though crocodiles and sharks seem to have done well.



Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

689 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 24, 2008
Last Updated on May 1, 2008

Author

Christel Grady
Christel Grady

Portland, OR



About
"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations." James Madison .. more..

Writing
frank frank

A Poem by Christel Grady



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


this kinda blue this kinda blue

A Poem by Rain





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5