Since Humanity Became A Menagerie

Since Humanity Became A Menagerie

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

  

Dawn breaks like fresh eggs

Starting the day off right

Still the chicken gets no credit.

 

The goat sells her milk

To keep her pride

But the cow can’t give hers away.

 

The horse can’t find the track

To race for its life

While the bull walks down Wall Street.

 

The fence has been broken

Or maybe left open

Yet the buffalo refuse to roam.

 

What can I say but life is

Not home sweet home

Since humanity became a menagerie. 

 

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Such true metaphors running through this with really precise rhythm, rhyme and flow. From Wall street to Main street this is hitting the nail right on the head. Though it's been like this forever.. the poor just keep toiling while the rich party on..

Taxed heavier... each decade.. can't live off the minimum wage.. when they raise it.. all the prices of everything goes up higher than the wage increase by percentages.. numbers shift and take more from us each time. I still have my dreams.. will keep optimistic with art as an outlet. Should I be angry? I don't know I grew up poor.. I still think I have alot more than people in some other countries.. a roof over my head.. good food.. clean water.. clothing.. sounds simple but I try to just be satisfied with what I have living in such a great country.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Very insightful and inspired. It has to be one of my faves of yours, Cowboy.

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much Jennie… it was one of my favs that I wrote.
Ohh wow.. the metaphors are humorously used here.. a very satiristic write!! How often do we see the difference between the lavish spendthrifts and the hungry poverty... its always been like that. Communism is just a dream which i guess,will never come true.. Nice write indeed my friend. :)

~Sophy

Posted 9 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much, I was trying to be real creative but also make my point… so glad you liked it.
Sophy Freebirds

9 Years Ago

Was a pleasure :)
This poem just filtered slowly into my psyche, line by line. An excellent write, brimming with clever insight

Diego


Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

11 Years Ago

Thank you kindly sir.
I have to saw dale this is one of the best you've ever written!! Sorry I've been gone so long.....hoping all is well. 100 daisies!

Posted 11 Years Ago


You know it is brilliant. This is very true. It is amazing the menagerie we have become. The world is not always a pleasant place. Very well written.

Posted 11 Years Ago


More like a zoo!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very clever, cowboy. I like the thought behind this muchly.

Posted 13 Years Ago


amazing - i loved these lines - the imagery and symbolism - enjoyed this very muhc

The goat sells her milk
To keep her pride
But the cow can’t give hers away.

The horse can’t find the track
To race for its life
While the bull walks down Wall Street.


Posted 13 Years Ago


great poem Dale...... sorry it took so long to read.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love these metaphors you have going on in here. It is always a treat when a small phrase turns on an avalanche of thought. Humanity has been a menagerie for quite sometime. As far back as I have been able to read about it. It is always the same problems that arise throughout the ages. The only difference is the technology with which they make themselves present. Or the names they have been given to disguise their true identity and make us think these problems are new.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2158 Views
64 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on September 1, 2008
Last Updated on September 2, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing