The Soul's Temptation

The Soul's Temptation

A Story by Bailey B.
"

It's a short story with religion

"
It's funny how the human soul succumbs easily to the power of darkness and the shadows that lurk in the night. The shadows will hide in the corners of every house in this world. The shadows will try to tempt the soul by saying that in their darkness is the light that the soul is searching for. And the soul is stupid enough to believe the shadows. The soul travels into the darkness, making deals and promises he can never break. And so time passes as the soul travels: days, weeks, months, even years go by. The soul loses track of time for his travels has made him weary, yet he does not die. Oh, but how the soul wishes he was dead. Every day brings more pain to the soul and he realizes that the only light in this darkness is the red glow from the fiery heat. The soul begs for mercy at the feet of the Dark Master, but he hisses out a no and sends the soul back to work. The soul always works, with no sleep or food and everyday the soul watches a new generation enter the world of darkness. A sad thing to watch as all the new souls come in, crying and shaking. How the old soul would love to go and comfort them, but he knew there was nothing to say. So everyday the soul works, surrounded by others like himself, with nothing to say.

© 2011 Bailey B.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I can picture it all in my mind, very good use of imagery!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very descriptive, I love it :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


So true

Posted 12 Years Ago


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

220 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 29, 2011
Last Updated on August 3, 2011

Author

Bailey B.
Bailey B.

Smithfield, NC



About
First, my first name is Christian. But I like to be called by my middle name, Bailey. I'm a Free Will Baptist Christian country girl who loves reading, writing, dancing, and band. I also love Anime; m.. more..

Writing
Miya's Story Miya's Story

A Story by Bailey B.


The River The River

A Poem by Bailey B.