Chapter 1: Haze

Chapter 1: Haze

A Chapter by Christian N. C.

Chapter 1: Haze

There's a thick haze surrounding me. My first instinct is trying to move, maybe clear some of this fog. Come on, move! I can't move anything. I-I don't have a body, head- anything! There's nothing but this white haze with no ending in sight. This is place is so confusing for example the fact I can see and think without eyes or a brain, but this place feels familiar as if I've been here before, maybe in a dream.

Wait that's it! I'm just dreaming, asleep in my bed. I wonder if I could control my dream? Put myself somewhere relaxing- and with that thought I feel as though I have a body again. What a relief! "So if this is a lucid dream, I can control what's going to happen. Right?" Whoa, speaking just seemed to drain me off any strength I had. I feel myself drift out of consciousness and back again after some time. I really don't know how long. Without any thought I'm at a beach. It's dark out and the moon is shrouded by passing clouds. The sand seems to blend with whatever black sky is visible, the water reflects the moon really far out. I feel so at peace, nothing feels dream-like here the tide is rolling back and forth and the fog in my mind is lifted. I feel my body returning to existence, I'm just far out enough that the water covers my ankles. The beach was always my favorite place to be, I must be getting good at controlling my dreams then! The breeze kisses me skin as I walk back to the sand so I can sit by the rocks and relax. I let out a long sigh "This reminds me of home." and with that breath my consciousness rolls away like the tide when the sun rises.

Fog again. Nothing but this haze, endless and to be honest very annoying at this point. But there's one thing I can't get out of my head. "Sun?" a bright light fills my mind, I feel at peace but then am taken back. My eyes open as my body shoots up out of bed! I can't see because a sun draft was peeking in from my almost closed blinds. "Ugggh. That was the weirdest dream I've ever had. Unlike anything I've ever experienced." I get out of bed to start my morning, I pass my little digital alarm clock. "5:14 in the morning? Only over an hour earlier than I needed to be up."
"Ezra?" I turn around to see a groggy Siena half asleep still. "Go back to sleep. I'm just getting any early start." And without another word she falls back to sleep. Siena is my girlfriend, her hair is darker than a new moon and her skin is a light tan, she's so beautiful. We met three years ago when I was just a scared little Freshman at our High School, first day actually. She's only a year older than me and graduating this year. She's all lined up to attend this big university that I have no hope of attending. Thankfully it's only about 45 minutes away, I just hope we don't drift apart.

While showering this weird sense comes over me, my vision goes blurry and I almost fall over. "What was that?" and then it hits me. The same feeling I got while dreaming, that eerie haze.


© 2015 Christian N. C.


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

99 Views
Added on April 26, 2015
Last Updated on April 26, 2015


Author

Christian N. C.
Christian N. C.

Syracuse, NY



About
College Student I feel as though I want to create something that has purpose to me. I've never really written anything unless it was a school assignment before. But I figure its as good a time as any.. more..

Writing