The good always die first

The good always die first

A Story by christie29
"

here is how i lost the closest person to me. he is forever gone.

"

I sit in my parent’s car; they are driving me to my job placement for my IT class. When we got the call. My mother answered the phone, it was my nana, and she was telling my mother that she needed to be at the hospital right at that moment. I knew what this meant, he was dying. My grandfather, the only man I could trust, the man that was there for me from when I was born, the man that protected me from my fears. Mum and dad looked at me as I told them to screw my placement and go to the hospital. My step dad was driving as fast as he possibly could, until we got stopped at the red light right across from the hospital. My stepfather got a phone call while we were waiting impatiently for the lights to change. From what he heard from my nana must of startled him, But what I drastically noticed was his body language.  He had tensed and turned back to me with bloodshot eyes. I knew then he was gone; I broke down into unstoppable tears asking why couldn’t he wait for us to say our goodbyes? We were right across from him!  By the time we got to his room I was hysterical and so was my mother. I remember the nurses looking at us sadly while we rushed to my nana, they knew how much pain he was in and now they knew he was at peace now. I was told as we reached his room that I should not see his body as it could cause some type of grievous reaction. But I ignored everyone I wanted to see him; I wanted to comfort my nana. But what I saw was terrifying, his mouth off to the side, like he was gasping for air but not getting any. It was all distorted and his eyes wide open, looking directly at the roof of his room. I broke down there and then, I couldn’t touch him he looked so scary and so gone, I didn’t know how to react. I got told to sit outside but I couldn’t leave him.  I couldn’t let him be alone, so I walked over to him and slowly placed my hand on his forehead. What I noticed was that he was warm and I remember hoping that he was playing a sick joke on us, but then I realized that he really was gone. I would never hear his voice again, I wont hear him yelling at my brother for being stupid, no he was gone on The 25th of June 2009. My grandfather told me before he died that the good always die first and I guess he was right. He was my first close loved one to die.

© 2013 christie29


Author's Note

christie29
I know it probably has bad grammar :) but let me know what you guys think :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
Added on March 11, 2013
Last Updated on March 11, 2013
Tags: sad, loss, car, school, death, family

Author

christie29
christie29

Canberra, ACT, Australia



About
I'm currently studying Writing at the moment and so far i love it! i like to write about fiction and about sad life stories. more..

Writing