This Ring

This Ring

A Poem by Missing Part

 I look at this ring he gave me,

 meant everything, he is the air I breathe, if he were to die it would be my last breath, as I glance down at my finger, I remember the promise, that has been engraved in my heart, as I look back, I remember  every memory that we shared, I can remember when he first asked me out, and how happy we were, but before that I remember the excuses we made to hold each others  hand, I look at this ring I got three months ago.

CMS(H)

© 2010 Missing Part


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

the last line threw me off - made me wonder...if that was your intention - i applaud you

Posted 14 Years Ago


thanks


Posted 14 Years Ago


I loved this and the courage in relating love to death (in that "engraved" I also read an interesting pun) with a boldness of which not many are capable as far as such a classic match is concerned. I do the same everyday and the questions remains and stings about what I would do just in case. What would I do without the person for whom my whole being shivers all the time?
Chapeau.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is great!
I know the feelings here, and their power.
I loved how you said he was the air you breathed, and if you lost him, it'd be your last breath. Amazing!
Some days, it's the ring that's the only thing that keeps me going. And it's amazing that just a piece of metal and diamond can have that kind of power.
This is such a great poem!

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was so raw and beautiful. When I got engaged, I felt the same way- so happy and proud. Sometimes I look down at my rock and a flood of happiness comes to. This was beautiful and pure.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Um, I don't know what to say to this. It is too real.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I love this, very good write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


I remember the excuses :) and you know whats sad, my hands are colder then ever now without your. I remember the ring and the promise I gave you. And I remember you, the most amazing girl in the whole world, I miss you.

TCS(D)

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is very deep and full of emotion. To be honest I thought it was goin to b boring by how short it was but, I came to find that even the shortest things have some of the most emotion. I think its very cute the way u described how you made excuses to hold each others hand. I like this! :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


A very sweet poem. I especially love the line:
"but before that I remember the excuses we made to hold each others hand" it reminds me of how love starts out so innocent. Nicely done.

Posted 14 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

264 Views
18 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 12, 2010
Last Updated on March 15, 2010

Author

Missing Part
Missing Part

Lloydminster, Canada



About
me, meant everything, he is the air I breathe, if he were to die it would be my last breath, as I glance down at my finger, I remember the promise, that has been engraved in my heart, as I look back, .. more..

Writing