New Generation Empire

New Generation Empire

A Poem by The Midnight Pen
"

My two cents for the world.

"

Iv'e come to thew realization that the real world isn't what it seems. That bullshit propaganda you've been fed since you were born turns to salt and water before your very eyes. It is this very salt and water that encompass our tears and the reason for when we shed them, yet another reality is shown to us. We gotta work like slaves to make an extra buck everyday becuase when you look at it my way, today's "capitalism" isn't more than "Scratch my back, and keep your job". Once upon a time we lived by One for all and All for one; the true gentleman's code, the real meaning of honor. I'm not perfect, and neither are those who live on this earth for that matter but why is it i never fail to see the animals we have become. There are few who rise through the surface and set a whole new standard for those to come, but personally i see it difficult when we've always been told "The sky's the limit". Why? Why is the sky the limit, when there's footsteps on the Moon? Why must we subconciously sucomb to the tyrany of propaganda, and that IS what it is, and set our standard of life to meet that which others have already achieved? Wouldn't it be wonderful if everyone of us could change one small piece of the world? I know I'm looking for my piece of the pie. This isn't useless rambling, these are simply the words to inspire a villiage, a town, a city, a county, a state, a nation, a continent, a planet, and what really makes the planet go round; Us. Use these words to put new meaning to your life and wake up everyday with a different bar to break. I don't want you to reach you goal, heck no, i want you to destroy it and show yourself that when you reach the point where you can't anymore, it's only half of what you can do. Treasure the gift of life each and every person has been given. I'll see you all on the battlefield; this is one victory thats been forthcomming for too long.

 

Peace & Respect.

 

Chris.

© 2010 The Midnight Pen


Author's Note

The Midnight Pen
Not really a poem, but didn't really fit any other category. There's no tabs that say "idealistic rants" xD

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on August 20, 2010
Last Updated on August 20, 2010

Author

The Midnight Pen
The Midnight Pen

Miami (sadly), FL



About
I'm a 21 yr old wandering soul with much to offer the world and little ways to show it. I like to write poems, music, stories; anything you can just about do with a pen (no puns intended). Just lookin.. more..

Writing