Urenit ~Prologue~

Urenit ~Prologue~

A Story by Laylani Mullane
"

Devin is a teenager with a good life, but is dealing with the scars of a rough beginning. One night she's attacked by a creature from her very nightmares. Now thrust into a world she doesn't want to be apart of, will she survive?

"

BOOM!

The thunder rattled the ceiling to floor length windows. Green eyes glowed and chiseled features were brought into sharp relief with every flash of lighting. The man stood with hands behind his back and eyes staring straight ahead into the night and twinkling lights of the city.
"Come in," His cool articulate voice carried through the thick oak door to the other side where a small man was knocking. The door opened and he walked in, his entire body shaking as if he was a leaf out in the storm. Watery blue eyes glanced around the room from under stringy black hair before focusing on the man at the window.
"S-s-sir?"
"What is it Jacob?"
"S-sir. Mar-m-marius is he-here."
"Send him in then," The man finally turned from the window and sat at the large winged back chair, hands folded and resting against his lips. Jacob turned and left, another form soon filling the doorway. A black man standing near six foot with tattered clothes and wild gray eyes grinned widely, showing off crooked, sharp teeth. "Ah, Lucian…'ong time no see."
"Hello Marius. I have a small job for you." He gestured to the chair in front of his desk which the man flopped carelessly into, throwing a long leg over the arm.
Marius leaned back and propped his elbow on the arm of the chair, resting his chin in a lethargic manner though gray eyes were riveted to the man. "Really? What kinda job is this?"
"I need you to follow someone."
The interest peaked in insane blue eyes. "Really? Hmm," He chuckled, a noise that was much higher pitched then one would guess from a man his size and sounded like it belong to a small child. "Just who might this person be?"
From within his desk Lucian pulled out a thin manila folder and slid it over to the bald man. "This girl."
Marius picked it up and opened it, studying the dark curly hair, piercing green eyes and various scars peppering the tall form. "Looks familiar," His eyes widened ever so slightly with joy. "And delicious."
"She is not to be touched or harmed in any way, Marius. Understand?" Lucian's voice reverberated through the entire room, his eyes flashing with anger.
"Whoa, relax boss man. No worries." Marius held up a hand in a placating gesture as he tucked the folder into the folds of his jacket. "You gonna pay me my usual?"
Lucian nodded and leaned back, his body once more calm and his voice cool, "Of course."
"All right then. Guess I'm gonna go and find 'er."
"She should be at work now. Try finding her there. The address is in the folder."
"Gotcha. This is gonna be fun." 
"Remember, you are not to harm her, Marius," Lucian's voice held a warning which Marius waved away.
"Right, right, I know tha drill," The black man replied, flashing a grin of crooked, sharp teeth. "No worries."
Lucian watched Marius leave, hoping the man would listen to him this time. He needed her alive at least until he was sure she was the one he…they needed. If she wasn't then Marius could have a new plaything, she'd only be human after all. But if she was the one then he would convince her to see the truth. No matter what she'd see the right of his side.

© 2008 Laylani Mullane


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

254 Views
Added on May 22, 2008
Last Updated on May 22, 2008

Author

Laylani Mullane
Laylani Mullane

AZ



About
For me poetry is about emotion, and most of the time when I write I try not to edit too much, if at all, because I believe that it'll only dimish the emotion. For the last few years writing has helpe.. more..

Writing