The BlackJack Game of Life

The BlackJack Game of Life

A Story by Charles R. Ciminokii
"

For more intensive purposes I wrote this as a little situational writing. I thought of a game that could be compared to life and this is the first that jumped out to me. As many people say, "I'm tired of playing games," well I think when I wrote this a bi

"

Games are fun, don't you think? You know, you have your standard board games like Shoots and Ladders, Candyland, and Monopoly. Those are ones that everyone knows and have played before but the game that has been interesting me here lately is one that has left feeling like my life is nothing but a huge game of. The game in which I am speaking is called Black Jack.

I sit here and study the game, as anyone would who would really want to win in it.
You have your method of counting the cards, which is a very intelligent way to play the game. The only down fall to that is that it kinda takes the fun out of the game. You know when to hit, stay, or even bust to cover your own a*s. Your still playing a game but your not playing the game.

Another way there is to play is to go in blindly. Just through your chips in and hit if the chi feels right. Hell, you don't even look at your hole card and just calling off of your shown card. Thats just f*****g insane. Reckless, plain and simple, your going to hurt someone.

And the way I play and am playing right now is, at least how I view it, a more lucrative way to play, is to look at the cards that are shown and make bets off of that. Of course I also looked at my hole card too.

Ok but the situation that sits in front of me is this:
1. X-9
2. X-K
3. (Me) 6-Q
4. X-7
Dealer. X-10

1 is kind of not there. I think he is blind. But I'm not sure. 2 seems to play like I do, wanting to have fun but doesn't care too much. 4, well I'm not too sure with 4. Kind of chancy. And not the dealer, well the dealer is at an advantage here. Naturally they have the house on their side, but there are no house rules. I play at weird tables. This one here seems to not give a damn, naturally they have nothing to lose, they are at the head of the table.

My major situation is I have found myself in the situation where I don't know how to play. the cards are kinda wild and I have a 6 card spread for a chance to advance. A, 2, 3, 4, or 5. basically I have, by playing off of the amount of numbers there, a 5-to-8 odd to what I can pick up. 5 in my favor and 8 against me. If I bust its because I'm tired and I just need to pack it up and move on to a new table tomorrow and if I fall in the middle I may play another hand again. But there is the chance that I win, and if i win, well I will be happy. I don't think I will have to play another hand. I will be pretty well off (High stakes! haha).

© 2009 Charles R. Ciminokii


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on January 8, 2009

Author

Charles R. Ciminokii
Charles R. Ciminokii

I sleep on park benches in, KY



About
Who am I? Well thats a story within its self to be honest with you. Who I am isn't truly as important as to what I want to do, correct? I am an aspiring renaissance man in which I am not just a writer.. more..

Writing