1

1

A Chapter by David
"

Colors.

"
I had school today, it was the same as always. Colorless and dull. Filled with monotone voices, busy halls, and cruel words. Maybe things will be different, maybe they will change. I think I could believe that.
The bus passed the soldiers as we made our way to Jraitham, a huge city with towering skyscrapers and claustrophobic streets.  A city with running minds and scurried feet, a city with dreamers and realists. 
We didn't cry as we passed by a screaming man and woman, we didn't shout out as they started to run, getting shot down by one of the soldiers. Only the weak and feeble cried, only the weak and feeble will die.
A quick glance of horrified faces, all the same dull colors. A contagious spread of murmurs and whispering. I did not spread it along, instead I sat in my seat, my head against the sweating window, bouncing ever so slightly as the rolling wheels of the bus hit bumps in the colorless asphalt road.
Soon, there would be colors, I knew it, I felt it. Soon the soldiers would not kill anyone who was colorful and real, brimming with energy and telling a mournful and adventurous story. Soon, everything would be bright and beautiful.
The bus came to a halt, stopping at the perfectly pale houses, dreary and melancholy. The Pales exited first, silent and moving quickly. Then, the few Colors stepped off, slowly and wary, apparent if their short future.
I watched with fascination as the Colors hobbled off down the street, looking abstract compared to the lifeless houses and the Pales. They should not be killed, they should be spared. I could not analyze a reason as to why I didn't hate them as much as the Pales. Maybe my heart was not filled with cruelty and hatred.
Maybe, I was different.


© 2013 David


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I see the inspiration from other great stories here. 1984, The Giver, The Hunger Games and more. This shows us a bleak version of humanity's future and gives hints of the main character's struggle to make sense of it. I would suggest having "the pales" and "the colors" start with caps to infer they are names of different groups of people. I look forward to reading more and getting more details about this colorless dystopia. Nice work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

David

10 Years Ago

Thank you, I will make sure to edit the naming situation, the Giver and the Hunger Games were most d.. read more



Reviews

I see the inspiration from other great stories here. 1984, The Giver, The Hunger Games and more. This shows us a bleak version of humanity's future and gives hints of the main character's struggle to make sense of it. I would suggest having "the pales" and "the colors" start with caps to infer they are names of different groups of people. I look forward to reading more and getting more details about this colorless dystopia. Nice work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

David

10 Years Ago

Thank you, I will make sure to edit the naming situation, the Giver and the Hunger Games were most d.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

161 Views
1 Review
Added on September 28, 2013
Last Updated on September 29, 2013
Tags: Bus, Dying, Colors, Skin, Mystery, Thriller, Horror, Jraitham

Colors

1

By David

2

By David


Author

David
David

NY



Writing
2 2

A Chapter by David


Colors Colors

A Book by David