The Machines

The Machines

A Story by CitrtgoW8P

Enormous metal giants lumbered across the landscape, shaking the earth with each step. They did not resemble humans, but instead they appeared to be giant makeshift machines with exposed engines and framework. The rust ate away at their shambled parts, covering their gears and their cables in thick coatings of golden brown dust. Their joints screamed with agony as they lifted their powerful legs and stamped down on the barren earth. It was their feet that were especially impressive. They were shaped like massive domes that resembled the outer shells of huge stadiums. It seemed like an impossible feat for the machines to be able to even lift them, and every time they placed a foot on the ground, it seemed as though they would sigh with relief. 

© 2012 CitrtgoW8P


Author's Note

CitrtgoW8P
Only an excerpt from something I'm working on. Let me know what you think of the style/concept, or just any other criticism you might have.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. it's very poetic prose ... the personification is excellent and innovative ... one doesn't usually think that machines would "sigh with relief" ... or ... that "their joints would scream" ...

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

120 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 9, 2012
Last Updated on April 9, 2012

Author

CitrtgoW8P
CitrtgoW8P

Writing
No Title No Title

A Poem by CitrtgoW8P


Stuck Stuck

A Poem by CitrtgoW8P