Been awhile....

Been awhile....

A Story by Daniel
"

"It has been awhile since I wrote on paper." A short-Story-flash-fiction type thing that cares not for grammar, paragraph structure/sentence nor spelling. And I am pretty sure I made people mad.

"
"It has been awhile since I wrote on paper."  I thought as I let out a exasperated sigh. As I sat at my desk with paper and pen right in front of me I began to ponder what to write about. "Should I just write about my day? or create an interesting story to grab the audience's attention?" I may have struggled with this for over 2 hours..."CRAP! I can't think of ANYTHING TO WRITE ABOUT!" Needless to say, I blew a cork. It has been so long since I wrote anything honestly, the last time I wrote anything seemed so long ago. 

I guess the reason I stopped writing for a long time is because literature has become somewhat of a dying breed in the modern era and visual arts and media has become all the rage now. Let's face it, no one picks up book and reads anymore. I guess that makes me a little sad considering that I have been writing my whole life (excluding my childhood years). Now, people are gravitating more towards the visuals, the colours and lights and shadows you can create nowadays. And, with technology advancing everyday by the second, people have begun to create software and programs that allows you to create visual art with no effort at all. 

I'll be blunt: "LITERATURE IS DEAD". No one gives a damn about what I write anymore. Even so, those people that really enjoy reading literature are an extremely rare breed of people themselves. People are gorging themselves on visual media right now. Movies, Digital Arts, Video games and etc...Literature has no place in the modern world. I am pretty sure I pissed off a lot of people who really do enjoy reading and writing, but you gotta be honest, I have seen more people interested on visual arts rather than literature arts. 

With Visual arts, you can see lines and spectacle use of colours. But, literature arts? They put people to sleep with words. Writers has now become the minority of the Arts. Once that was the majority has now become a nothing more than a speck of dust. And that....Honestly depresses me as a writer.

But, who am I to make such bold claims? You can dismiss this as an attempt to get more people's attention. Or, you can just completely ignore this and go about your day like any other. It's up to you to decide whether or not you agree to disagree. Me? I am just a guy who wrote this because he doesn't have anything to write about. Therefore, killing time to write such blasphemy upon fellow readers and writers. 

 

© 2015 Daniel


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on October 8, 2015
Last Updated on October 8, 2015

Author

Daniel
Daniel

Toronto, Canada



About
Just an average person writing whatever comes to mind. Like the passing seasons. I am a youth with low self-esteem with many interests and just trying to find something I can do. Hope you and I can.. more..

Writing
No More No More

A Poem by Daniel


Insanity Insanity

A Poem by Daniel