Distortion

Distortion

A Chapter by Eduardo Mendez

Fear. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear that word? Is it possibly the dark and scary creatures that you can’t see or don’t know? I mean s**t, we know more about our damn land mass then we do our ocean, mind you that the ocean takes up about ninety eight percent of the earth, but I digress. The best way to describe fear is like a bad habit, easy to obtain but extremely difficult to break…. but not impossible.

“What do you take me for…..?” A voice said “NO STOP THAT, GET OUT OF MY HEAD” everything seemed to be spinning and had a red hue to it. “I never wanted to be with you…. I only used you because I needed the money and the sex, you’re nothing to me” Words said like daggers piercing the heart, “Leave me alone…” Slowly everything went to black.

“Tirhe? ” a voice called, other students had snickered at the name. “Tirhe. Ar-eth?” the teacher had said confusingly, I honestly expected my teacher to mess up my name, seems like everyone makes the same mistake but it’s really no surprise, seeing how I probably have the weirdest and most protagonist sounding name ever. “Actually, it’s Pronounced Arath as in Air and then Raft minus the t” I replied, after a while it just becomes uniformity. “A thank you for fixing my mistakes” the teacher replied calmly, not really surprised most teachers would have a witty remark which would usually fall flat or would be indulged in frustration due to the constant mispronunciations of my name.

After a kerfuffle with another student the teacher had started to talk begin her lesson “now class as you know this is a new year which means new lessons and new discoveries!” the teacher said enthusiastically the students remaining quiet. The teacher then starts writing on the white board her name “My name is written on the board, you may call me Ms. Xandra or Professor Xandra if you so please, and this class is a deeper look into Mental Illnesses and Disorders such as Anxiety Disorders, Seizures, Depression, etcetera etcetera….” Ms. Xandra said with a sly smile. “In this class I am your best friend and your worst enemy at the same time, so be prepared at any moment to be tested” a gleam in her eye as she continues to talk, “We will not only discuss the common features but we will also do many experiments testing showing what people with said disorder experience” Ms. Xandra pauses for a moment “Any questions?” Ms. Xandra say. I took a look around and realize that there is a maximum of 5 people in this room, including me and Ms. Xandra.

“So…… Why don’t we all introduce ourselves and give a little explanation as to what your hobbies are and your name, Arath why don’t you go first?” Ms. Xander smiled with piercing eyes, I shot up quickly out of my seat and stuttered “H-Hello! My name is Arath Tirhe yes I know I have a weird name and yes I am tall, six foot two in fact! My hobbies are basketball, playing video games and writing OH and I almost forgot.” I paused for a moment “I really enjoy music especially Rhyme and Blues (R&B) as well as Hip-Hop” well I guess that’s a basic run down of me, Nerdy, Tall with messy wavy dark chocolate hair and chocolate brown eyes. I instinctively sat down waiting for someone else to do the same as I. Shortly afterwards a shortest girl, no taller than five foot two at most, blonde highlights and lightish brown hair and extremely curly, she seemed to have a hop to her step but she seemed a bit nervous, after a bit she finally spoke. “Um…. My names Zinnia Gail and um….. I like to draw and stuff!” She said a bit louder than the rest of her sentence, she seems a bit tense I wonder why though, she sat down quickly and was red in the face. The girl next to her started laughing uncontrollably and made a witty retort at Zinnia as she started to stand up. “Yo my names Dahlia and I’m friends with this girl right here” Dahlia points at Zinnia and smiles a wide smile. She’s about the same height as Zinnia but with black straight hair, a bit skinnier then Zinnia but she seems to be able to handle herself pretty well. Next Stood up a average heighted man with extremely long hair “My names Lance and I like to play video games and watch soccer” he smiled and sat down.

“Well then that will be enough for today” Ms. Xandra said whole heartedly and clapped her hands “Class dismissed!” Everyone got up and started heading towards the door, I decided to rush ahead to talking to Lance, “Hey what’s up!” I exclaimed “We should be friends I can just see it now!” I had a small grin on my face “Hmm…. How so?” Lance had raised his eyebrow, I grinned in response “So….. what do you think of…. Joey Wheeler?” I said. A smile grew on Lances face “This might be the start of a great friendship.”



© 2017 Eduardo Mendez


Author's Note

Eduardo Mendez
I apologize if the chapter is a bit shaky. Still getting a bit of a grip for writing and making a fluent story.
Please make sure to leave feedback I would most enjoy it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on January 30, 2017
Last Updated on January 30, 2017
Tags: Health, Biology, Disorders


Author

Eduardo Mendez
Eduardo Mendez

Writing
MDC MDC

A Book by Eduardo Mendez