Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Clumsyskinnymancubus

Your, my…mother?” I ask.

My mother nods.

“If your my mother, then who is the other person?”

“She’s your sister, Caroline.”

“Well, hurry up and get dressed for school. Your breakfast is on the table.

“Okay.”

As I got dressed, I noticed a picture on my mirror. It was picture of a girl. It read: Lucy Marly. Now, don’t get me wrong, she was beautiful, very, but I had no idea who she was.

I saw another, around 16,17,18, I don’t know old, walk into my room. I was guessing she was my sister.

“What’s up twerp, you staring at Lucy’s face again?”

“As a matter of fact, I am starring at this person’s name. I am trying to remember who she is.”

“Jason, I don’t know how you scared mom, but you can’t scare me.”

I give her a confused look. “Well, you should maybe ask mother what’s wrong.”

“Maybe I will.”

I see her walk back down.

“Mom! Tell Jason to stop joking around with me!”

I hear my mom whisper to Caroline.

Then I hear Caroline say something.

My mother again.

I don’t hear anymore talking afterwards. I decide to get dressed now and eat my breakfast.

“Mother, when do I know when school ends?”

“Well Jason, just listen for a bell. Afterwards, when you see everyone going to the busses, go there to. Then go look for Bus A1. It will bring you here.”

“Okay. Thanks Mother.”

As I walk to school, which is about 3 blocks away, I see a car pull over a little further up ahead.

“Hey, kid!” someone yells from the car. “Wanna buy something?”

“Buy what?”

“Candy.”

I decide to just ignore him.

I fell something vibrate against my leg. I reach in my pocket and pull out a phone. I see that someone is calling me. I answer wondering who it is.

“Hello?”

“Jason, is this really you?”

“Yes, who is this?”

“Who is this? What do you mean ‘who is this’? I’m your lab partner, Lucy!”

“Ummm…”

“Lucy Marly,” I hear her sigh.

No way. I am lab partners with the person in my picture.

“Sooo, what made you call me?”

“Well, I know we haven’t talked much to each other, but I was wondering if you would like to come over to my house for dinner?”

“Sure.”

“Really?”

“Mmmhmmm.”

“Okay then, come to my house at 5 o’ clock. My house is the pink house next to the school.”

“Okay, see you there!”

“Bye.”

“Bye.”

As I walk into school, I see someone run up to me.

“Hey Jason, what’s up?” he asks me.

I decide that I’ve caused enough trouble so instead I say, “Well, you’ll never guess what.”

“What?”

“Lucy asked me to go to her house after school for dinner.”

“No way.”

“Yes way.”

“Dude, that’s amazing!”

The bell rings.

“Well, time for school,” he says.

After six and a half hours, school let out. When the final bell rang, everyone in my class, except me, yelled out, “Summer Vacation!” Everyone ran out of the class except me.

“Teacher, can I call my mom?” I asked.

“Sure,” she responded.

I took out my phone and called her.

“Mom? Lucy asked me if I can go to her house for dinner. Really? Okay, bye.” I hang up. As I walk out the school gate, I look to my right and see the pink house she was talking about. I ring her doorbell.

“Oh, hi! You must be Jason. Lucy has told me a lot about you. We weren’t expecting you till 5 o’ clock! But, now that you’re here, you may come in,” her step-mother says.

I walk into the house.

“Lucy is up in her room.”

I walk up to her room and knock on the door.

“Come in!” I hear Lucy say.

So I come in and she notices me.

“Oh my gosh, Jason! I thought you were coming at 5!”

“I was, but I decided to come now.:

She just smiled at me, trying to hide her laugh.

We just talked about stuff we like, and disliked. After one and a half hours, Lucy’s step-mother called us for dinner. The food she made was amazing. We ate tacos that she said were made of tortillas andcarne asada. Though I had no idea what it’s translation was in English, I said it was good, because it was.

“Mom, Can me and Jason go to the movies?” I hear Lucy ask.

“Sure, but be back before 10 o’ clock.” Her step-mother says.

“We will. C’mon Jason.”

“Which movie are we going to watch?” I ask her.

“We’ll see when we get there.”

As we walk out, we close the door behind us. I then feel Lucy hold my hand. I find out that it’s better to not ask. I will not ruin this day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Sir, I can’t find it.”

“Well, look harder William!”

As William looked through the diamonds, Lenud was busy yelling at him.

“Wait, I think I found it!”

“That’s what you said 73 times.”

“But this time, I’m sure of it! You see, this one that I am holding is completely different from the rest.”

“Oh, and how?”

“Well, this isn’t any ordinary gem. This is a mix of the colors blue, green, red, and purple.

“Let me see!”

William handed it over to Lenud.

“Magnificent! Now to try for the 74th time,” he said. He then started to talk in an ancient language. “Sevoyamor mi oku mash eh oy esti roy!”

The room became very dark. The gem flashed all its four colors. Then, as fast as it become dark, it became bright again, but the lights were still flashing.

A deep voice said, “For your first task, you must first find a diamond, and put it on the blue section of the gem. Then, find a green emerald and put it next to the green section. A ruby on the red, and a Yohinki on the purple section.”

After the last words, the flashing lights went out.

“What’s a Yohinki?” asked Lenud.

William goes on his laptop and searches it up.

“Well sir, it says here on superdictionary.com that a Yohinki is a type of purple gem that looks like a diamond, but purple. Yohinkis are the rarest gem, even rarer than diamonds!”

“And this man of the gem wants us to find one and touch the purple section with it?”

“I believe so.”

“That’s outrages! That means it can take us years to just find one. And we may not have years.”

After he said his last word, a voice said, “Voice Recording. If found, return to Jason Rayos.”

“Who is Jason Rayos?” Lenud demanded.

“Could it have been that kid from three days ago? Asked William.

That messily kid!”

“On the bright side, he doesn’t have it.”

“True, but if he has a walky-talky here, and has the other one, with another voice recording on his end, then we would be screwed.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was glad that the movie was over. That movie made no sense to me whatsoever. I mean like, how did the Trident end up in a boot? And since when can some people grow and shrink?

“C’mon Jason, it’s just a movie,” she said after I told her that.

“I agree, but it’s a weird movie.”

“A weird, GOOD movie.”

“I guess.”

After that, we stayed quiet as 

I walker her home. I turned on my phone to look and see what time it is.. My clock said it was 8:00. The sun was still up though, which made no sense to me.

I asked Lucy, “Why is the sun still up?”

“Well duh dummy! It’s summer! Don’t you pay attention to what season it is?” she answers.

I stare at her blankly.

“I guess not,” she says.

We finally reach her house. The pinkest most brightest house next to our school.

“Well, I guess I’ll see you tomorrow,” I hear Lucy say.

“Yup.”

Before I had a chance to turn and leave, she did the most unexpected thing. She kissed me on the cheek.

“That’s for taking care of me,” she winked after she finished her sentence.

I didn’t know what to say, so instead I just smiled. I watched her walk into her house.

I walked home, but as I did, little did I know that I was being followed. When I got home, I found a walky-talky and a sound recorder on my desk. I turn off the walky-talky and push the “Stop Recording” button on the sound recorder.

“Voice Recording. If found, return to Jason Rayos.” It said. I hit the playback button, and it repeats all the things that Lenud and William have said for the past few two days. After hearing all that, I then remember what happened yesterday. But no anyone I met. Hmmm… I thought. A gem that can grant immortality. It would be like being a god. If this guy is a criminal, then he would never die and steal anything he wanted.

I walk to the fridge and see a note attached to it. It read: Jason, I have gone to Lucy’s house. If you would like to come, then please do. From: Mom

I guess I could go for a little, I thought. I put a tee shirt and some basketball shorts on and head out. I see another note. Jason, a key is under the mat. Use it to lock the door. 

I close the door, get the key, lock the door, and head over to Lucy’s house.

As I walk to her house, I see that a car has been following me this whole time.

If I run, would the guy speed up? I thought. I decided to test it. I ran, and the person in the car sped the car up. I walked, and the car slowed down.

When we reached Lucy’s house, I saw someone step out of the car.

“Freeze!” I hear someone say.

Of course, I don’t listen. Instead, I just walked into Lucy’s house.

“Jason, is that you?” I hear my mother ask.

“Yes mother!” I answer.

“Well then, can you come here please?”

I walk towards the kitchen, but notice that the walls look like they have people popping out of the walls. I just said that was crazy and continued towards the kitchen.. As I walk into the kitchen, I feel my head burst with pain, and I get blinded with darkness. Before I got completely knocked out, I heard one last thing, a bang.

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to a mysterious beeping sound. I look around, notice that this isn’t my room, and that there is nothing here.

“Jason,” says an unfamiliar voice. “You finally decide to wake.”

I look in the direction of the voice. I notice that there is no one there.

“You are maybe wondering who is talking. Well, you see, only some people have this new device that turns people invisible. And some of those people are us. The one and only…”

“Falcon’s Nest?” I ask stupidly.

“What? No. And what is this Falcon’s Nest? Is it some kid clan that has some serious issues when it comes to nicknames?

“No, it’s just that…”

“That what?” said a familiar voice. At first, I don’t know who it sounds like, but then I found out who it was.

“That what?” he asked again.

“That I heard some guy say that he was part of it,” I answered.

“Who is this guy Jason?” asks the unfamiliar voice.

"Yes Jason, who is this guy?" asks a familiar voice.

"Why it's no other than you Lenud." I say.


© 2014 Clumsyskinnymancubus


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

159 Views
Added on March 6, 2014
Last Updated on March 6, 2014
Tags: chapter 2