Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Monique Newsome

"How may I help you?" a young lady asked as she walked up to me and Londyn.

I looked at the young lady and wonder if she was the one I had talked to on the phone that day. She was dressed like she was one of Hugh Hefner w****s or something. Her top was.......well, it wasn't a top but a damn bustier with a skirt and sandles on. Her outfit made it look like she was going to a party if anything.

"I'm Nicole......I had a appointment today at ten a.m." I said

She studied my white blouse, black pencil skirt and black Jimmy Choo pumps before responding " Oh, Hi Nicole! Just have a seat and someone will be with you in just a moment."

Me and Londyn looked around the room and there were six chairs against the wall with three other girls waiting also. The place was nicely decorated with plants and wall pictures but the other girl wasn't as professionally dressed like I was. Maybe that's why they was staring hard as hell. 

"These girls are not even professionally dressed" as I whispered to Londyn knowing damn well I am dressed like I am going on a business trip.

Londyn looked at me so fast, I thought she was going to snap her neck. "What did you think you was meeting with? The CEO of Facebook". She had  point. Londyn's outfit wasn't as professional as mine. The all white jumpsuit with the back out and vee neck hugged her curves. She had dressed the part.

A woman then walked up to the receptionist. They exchanged a few words before grabbing a piece of paper. She looked down at the piece of paper then looked up and said "Nicole" with a low tone.

I grabbed my purse and followed behind the lady while leaving Londyn in the waiting area.

"Hello Nicole! I'm Valerie. I will be discussing the job with you to see if you would be able to do the job." she said sounding like she have been interviewing all day.

"It's nice to meet you Valerie" I said before sitting at her desk.

She then proceed "Have you done this type of job before?" 

"No" I said 

"Do you think this is something you can do? I mean, there will be strangers that can become your loyal customers." Valerie said 

"I think I could give it a try" I said thinking about all the horrible stories I've heard.

Valerie took a dip breath and started talking again. "Well, don't think that you will be meeting them out on the street corner. We will call you to see if you can take the gig twentyfour hours ahead of time. You will have to call or text us when you get there and before you leave. We are not just some raggedy company who doesn't care about their girls."

I was a bit relieved and liked what she was saying. I kept quiet and just continued to listen to what she had to say.

"Sometimes there will be some strange motherfuckas that like to do strange s**t." Valerie said with a chuckle.

I giggled along imagining what type of s**t I would be asked to do.

Valerie never took her eyes off of me. I guess she wanted to see my facial expressions.

She then asked "Do you still think you could do this line of work?" 

"Yes" I said with confidence.

"This is what I will do Nicole" Valerie paused while reaching for a sheet of paper. "Fill this information out. I will call you ahead of time and see if you will like it. If you do then you can stay but if not, no hard feelings. Everything ain't for everyone." 

I took the paper and read through it. It was basically basic information for them to get incase of an emergency.

Once finished, Valerie told me that she will give me a call with my first client. I walked out of her office thinking "What the hell have I gotten myself into?"



© 2017 Monique Newsome


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on January 5, 2017
Last Updated on January 5, 2017


Author

Monique Newsome
Monique Newsome

Baltimore, MD



About
I have the two hands that won't stop moving. From the look of things, I can use my pen as a weapon. #fact more..

Writing