The Classic Hyprocrite's Solution

The Classic Hyprocrite's Solution

A Poem by John Cody Buck
"

I feel that many Christians nowadays are hypocrites... that they are quick to judge others, but not themselves, and that they don't realize what it fully means to have given their lives to Jesus.

"

You're guilty of your own accusations.

Acting with hypocrisy, but you yourself can't resist temptation.

 

A follower of the Lord just because of the attention?

You should silence your two-faced words and change your actions.

 

Suprised that an onlooker would notice?

Oh yes, humble my opinion may be, but I'll occasionally boast it.

 

A wonderful honor the unknowing would see if it weren't for the ones with a purposely corrupt foundation.

It isn't meant to be a get out of sinning free invite, but a relationship full of love and dedication.

 

So let the Father be the guiding arrow of your actions and your diction.

For the satisfaction and ways that this world presses upon you are nothing more than never-fulfilled fiction.

© 2013 John Cody Buck


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is sad how some Christians are hypocrites (sometimes without knowing at the time) it causes more people to turn away from having anything to do with God or thinking that there is no reason to change, which isn't true. The first step in being a light to others is looking at your own faults and working them out and living by the word. I think this is the best way to be a light, not forcing people to believe but showing people why you believe and they make the decision. It is a constant battle though it doesn't come easy to people, it is a life process.

Good Job

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

166 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 12, 2013
Last Updated on March 12, 2013

Author

John Cody Buck
John Cody Buck

Houston, AR



About
I'm a Christian who is very strong in my faith, but I do respect everyone else's beliefs and opinions. I'm a southern boy from the good state of Arkansas just trying to get some of the crazy things th.. more..

Writing