"A First Date"

"A First Date"

A Story by Cody Williams

“A First Date”

By Cody Williams

 

 

1.

It had been two years since Linda Keller’s husband of twenty years, Bruce, died of a heart attack while he was on his daily jog that morning. Linda remembers the day very well. Bruce gave her a kiss on the cheek right before he walked out of the front door of their home in Little Rock, Tennessee. That was around 7 AM.

            Everything seemed normal, or, as normal as everything could be anyway. After he left, she walked into the kitchen and poured herself a cup of coffee and then walked back into the living room and turned on the TV. She curled up on the sofa in front of the TV and, with a smile on her face, started flipping through the channels before she finally stopped on the TODAY show.

            That was the norm. She would always start watching the TODAY show every morning at 7 and Bruce would come in and sit next to her around 8 or 8:15 depending on which rout he decided to take that specific morning. Linda sat there and watched Matt Lauer, a man who was on her list of potential famous people she could have coffee with and date if her and Bruce were ever to take a break. Those on his list included Taylor Swift and Jennifer Aniston. She looked up at the digital clock on the Charter cable box that read 8:10.

            He should be in anytime now. Linda thought to herself. Why wouldn’t she? She had been married to the man for twenty years now. She knew his routine and became quite comfortable with it. But it wasn’t a normal night morning at all. In fact, it was the farthest from normal as you could get. Linda sat there and waited, but Bruce never walked in. There’s something wrong! She thought as the clock struck 8:30. Maybe he just stopped off somewhere! Maybe to get us some breakfast! She thought dismissing the idea. Linda continued to watch TV as time went on.

            She looked up at the clock that now read 8:41. Lind could feel her hands start to sweat and her heart began to beat faster. He’s just late. Maybe he stopped off to help somebody. He always helps when somebody needs him. She thought to herself again. Linda took the thought of him being in trouble and put it as far back in her mind as possible and just continued to watch the TODAY Show.

            It wasn’t until 9:02 on the dot when she got the phone call that would change her life forever.

            “Ms. Keller?” Linda remembered a man ask on the other end of the line.

            “Yes?” She asked.

            “It’s your husband. I’m very sorry to tell you this, but he was found on the side of the road this morning mam. It seemed he had suffered a heart attack.” Linda remembered those words very clearly. She lost all felling in her legs and slowly slid her back down the refrigerator door until her butt was sitting on the floor.

            Everything that happened after that is somewhat of a blur. As if there was a break in the film that is her life. She didn’t date after that. How could she? She loved him more than humanly possible. Whenever she would be forced to go bar hopping with her friend, Marie, she always shot the guy down. That was until a couple of nights ago. Marie gave her number to a man sitting down the bar from them sipping on a long neck beer. He was tall, dark, and handsome with just a patch of gray in his black hair around his temple.

            “Come on Linda! You’ve waited long enough! It’s just a date! A first Date!” Linda remembers Marie telling her. That’s how she got in this predicament. Linda closed her eyes for a moment. She opened them back up and nocked on the front door of his house.

            “Just a first date!” She said to herself as she waited for him to come through the door.

 

2.

Linda closed her eyes again and then opened them back up after she heard the door squeak open.

            “Hi there!” Max said smiling back at her. He stepped to the side and stuck out his arm and motioned for her to enter the house. “Come one in! Dinner’s almost ready!” He said to her. Linda smiled and walked into the house. Max shut the door behind them and led Linda over towards the couch. “Let me take your coat. You can have a seat there on the couch until dinner is ready”. Max told her as she took off her denim jacket and handed it to him. Linda sat down on the couch and Max walked back over tot the door and hand the jacket on the coat rack beside it.

            “What are we having?” Linda asked trying to make small talk. It’s been a long time since she had found herself in this situation. The last time was when she first met Bruce.

            “Tacos. You like tacos don’t you?” Max asked simply. Linda loved tacos. That was something she had in common with Bruce. But this wasn’t Bruce. It was a very nice man who made her dinner. She smiled and nodded.

            “Yes. I love them.” She said with a sweet voice. Max smiled back at her as he handed her the remote to the TV.

            “Make yourself at home.” He said as she grabbed the remote and he walked into the kitchen. Linda pressed the red power button and placed the remote back down on the coffee table in front of her. It was on the local news. The camera angle was that of a close up to news anchor Annie Wallace and BREAKING NEWS was spelled out at the bottom of the screen in white letters.

            “Breaking news! A woman’s body had just been found washed up on the Shore of Holston Lake this morning. From the burses and cuts on her body, police have determined that this is the latest victim of famous serial killer that calls himself C. D. We advise you all to keep your doors locked especially if you are a middle-aged woman. That seems to be his primary targets.” Linda reached grabbed the remote and pressed the MUTE button. She stared at the TV for a moment.

            That’s just a mile away from here! That means that C. D. could still be around here somewhere! She thought to herself. Lind stood up from the couch and walked into the kitchen. Max was standing over the stove starring the frying hamburger meat. He was wearing a red apron that said KISS THE COOK with white letters on it. He looked over to her and smiled.

            “Its almost ready sweetheart!” He said. She smiled back.

            “Can you point me to the restroom?” Linda asked.

            “Yeah. Its down the hallway, the first door to the right.” He told her as he turned his attention back to the hamburger meat. Linda smiled again, turned to her left, and began to walk down the hallway.

 

3.

The hallway was dark with little to no light to show the way. Linda slowly walked down the hallway with her right arm feeling the wall besides looking for a doorway. When she finally found the first doorway to the right, she reached in on the right side of the door and flipped the light switch up. The room lit up and Linda stood there for a moment and waited for her eyes to readjust. She looked around. The bathroom was huge. Directly across from her was a Jacuzzi and beside it was a separate shower. The toilet to the right of her was white but had a golden toilet seat attached to it.

            “Wow!” She said as she looked at the place with amazement. “How can he afford all of this?” She continued as she walked in the bathroom and closed the door behind her. Linda looked into the mirror above the sink.

            Come on! You can do this! It’s just a first date! She said to herself. She reached into her purse that was hanging on her left arm and pulled out a tube of rose red lipstick. Linda reapplied the lipstick to her lips and rubbed them together before she put it back into her purse. She turned to her left, opened the door, and walked back into the dark hallway after turning the light off. Linda started to make her way down the hallway back to the kitchen when she heard a strange noise behind her. She stopped and turned around. It sounded like the rattle of chains. She walked over the door across from the bathroom and opened it. Linda waited for a moment and could still hear the rattle of chains and somebody whispering.

            “Hello?” She called out. “Is there somebody here?” She asked as she began to make her way down the stairs. When she reached the bottom of the stairs she looked around. In the corner there was a naked woman on her knees. She looked as if she was middle aged and Linda could tell that she had once had kids because of how her tits sagged falling Brest feeding.

            “What the hell?” She asked when a gunshot was fired and the naked woman fell to the ground with a bullet hole in the center of her forehead. Linda screamed as she turned around. Max stood there behind her with a shotgun in his hand.

            “I’m really sorry Linda! I truly am! I hoped to keep this secret a little longer.” He told her.

            “What? What secret?” She asked as tears began to roll down her face.

            “Don’t get me wrong! I like you! I really do! I wish I could stop it! I really do! But I can’t stop it! Its like smoking cigarettes, you can’t have just one!” He told her. Linda backed herself up against the wall.

            “What secret? What are you talking about?” She asked. Max pointed to a picture frame that was hanging on the wall behind her. The article was from a couple of years ago and read CD STRIKES AGAIN! Linda started to look around at the other picture frames on the wall. They all too had newspaper articles in them dating back to 1992.

            “You? You’re CD?” She asked. Max smiled.

            “Guilty as charged! Don’t take any of this personally, but you are about to become my latest project! Think of it as being a piece of art if you will!” He said. Linda began to cry again. Max walked over to her and stroked her chin.

            “Shh! Sweetheart don’t cry! I’m not going to lie, it will hurt, but it will soon all be over.” Max said as he reached up and chained her arms in the shackles behind her. He then chained her feet up and then reached up and ripped her blouse and bra off of her. He slapped her tits a couple of times until they were glowing red and then he focused on the lower body. He knelt down and unbuttoned her kaki pants and pulled them along with a black thong down around her ankles. Max stood back up and grabbed a leather whip from the corner. “Baby! Don’t cry! Its just a first date!” He said with a sick grin as he pulled back and the leather whip struck her skin and Linda cried out with pain.


Copyright 2014 by Cody Williams
Courtesy of TRUE TERROR PUBLICATIONS
Courtesy of TTP Entertainment


Copyrighted.com Registered & Protected <br>S9SD-MOGA-VN7V-0KTX

© 2014 Cody Williams


Author's Note

Cody Williams
This one is dark and was quite uncomfortable to write. Still I think its one of my best. I hope you all like it!

-CW

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

We always think that sort of thing happens to someone else ... but its quite a explosive sensation to find ourself in something similar. It occurs to us that ... things take place at random ... and that we are not necessarily someone special. It's simply common sense to apply the normal rules of engagement in any situation. Nice ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Dayran!

-CW



Reviews

You are an amazing writer! You kind of remind me of one of my favorite writers!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading!

-CW
BrownRecluse1298

9 Years Ago

:) my pleasure.
Cody you are a talented writer for sure!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Wow, thanks for reading Karen!

-CW
Karen

9 Years Ago

Your welcome Cody!
We always think that sort of thing happens to someone else ... but its quite a explosive sensation to find ourself in something similar. It occurs to us that ... things take place at random ... and that we are not necessarily someone special. It's simply common sense to apply the normal rules of engagement in any situation. Nice ...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Dayran!

-CW
Cody, in these days of online dating, and all the creeps out there, I really have a hard time believing that Linda would go to a total stranger's house on a first date, especially as she has shot guys down before. Maybe met him back at the bar another time, or go to a restaurant or a movie, but not to his house first time. Possibly have him abduct her from one of those scenarios seems more plausible.
The rest of the tale is OK, again you bury us with details that have nothing to do with the character development or the story line. Lots of typos to correct again.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Whoa.. the whole time I was on my toes thinking what will happen. What a twist! Unfortunately this is not only a story, similar things like this happen:(

Posted 9 Years Ago


Well I won't be sleeping tonight.. which is the sign of a great piece, the tension and build-up in this is perfect and the story flows nicely, awesome work :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Many thanks Jackson for the review and the kind words! Its much appreciated!

-CW
Jackson H. Harley

9 Years Ago

You're welcome :)
Wow. This was so realistic and intense. It happens in our societies all the time. I was worried about her and thought that should should be worried too. She should have fled when she heard the news. Excellent...:)..................

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cody Williams

9 Years Ago

Thanks for reading Sami! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

-CW
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

Yep. You are welcome:)......

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

264 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 12, 2014
Last Updated on October 12, 2014
Tags: horror, suspense, thriller, serial killer, rape, bondage, short story, literature, prose, Cody Williams

Author

Cody Williams
Cody Williams

Elizabethton, TN



About
I am in my second year at Carson-Newman University in Jefferson City, Tennessee were I major in instrumental music education and minor in English. My passions include playing the trombone/euphonium an.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..