Molly and Derrick

Molly and Derrick

A Story by Colleen Magelky AKA taurusgrl42895

She sat there with her legs crossed on the chair with a notebook in front of her and a pen in her long slender fingered hand. Her nose ring kept sparkling from the sunlight coming through the window and she had to keep pushing up her glasses as they kept sliding down her nose. When she turned to the server to get her coffee--a while chocolate mocha Frappucino--her face showed that she barely wore make-up, her eyes were a golden color, and she had an eyebrow piercing as well. She smiled kindly to the server and turned her head back to her notebook, her mocha hair following her and her purple knit hat, that clung loosely to the back of her head, shifted. I closed my computer and put it back into its place into my bag. Today was the day I was going to make my move. I'd been watching her for days, and today, I was going to make my move. I got up, taking my things with me and stood in front of her. She looked up, to which I noticed she had a Marilyn Monroe piercing as well.
"Can I help you?" She asked me, her pierced eyebrow raised. She didn't smile nor frown. She was indifferent. I stared a moment before snapping back to it.
"Oh, uh, yeah. Is this seat taken?" I fumbled quickly. Her raised eyebrow twitched higher and fell back into it's originally raised position. God, did that look sexy on her.
"You had a seat. Why are you asking me if this one is taken?"
I shrugged nonchalantly. Okay, Derrick, don't screw this one up.
"Wanted to get to know a pretty girl." I said while sitting down in the vacant seat. "Is that a crime?"
"You shouldn't get to know me." She stated outright. I was taken aback. I couldn't tell if that was a turn-off, or just plain sexy. Like...she was playing hard to get or something. I decided on the latter.
"Why not?" I asked, setting my coffee down next to her. She shifted hers to the side, leaning back in her seat. She pushed her tongue against her lower lip on the inside of her mouth.
"I'm not someone you should get to know. Besides, I don't really date. It's not my kind of thing."
She looked away when she said she didn't date. Either she was already seeing someone, or she was lying. I really hoped it was the latter.
"I could convince you otherwise." I said with a smirk. Oh crap. That was really cocky...
"Cocky much?" She asked in return. Ouch. She definitely caught onto that one. I watched her close her NHL notebook and stuff it into her bag. She clicked the pen shut and put it in the front pocket of her bag. She left a five on the table.
"I didn't mean to offend you or anything, I'm sorry." I said in a hurry. "I'm not used to really catching the girls that are hard to get."
She raised an eyebrow again. What did I say? Oh s**t. I know what I said. Oh s**t, s**t, s**t. How to fix this screw up, Derrick? You can't. My subconscious thought for me.
"S**t, that's not what I meant."
"Another reason for me not to date. Have a good day." She stated while walking around me, coffee in hand. She walked out the door and I watched her walk down the street. How could I Have let that one get away? She was perfect, and I let it slip through my fingers because of my big stupid mouth. I checked the time on my watch; around four o'clock. Maybe I could get the guys together and go for a drink at the new club down the street.

"Thought I'd try it out and why not try it out with my best friend?" I asked with a smirk. He let me in for a huge bear hug. Was it really that big of a deal? He headed for the door and I quickly followed him. We flashed our IDs to the bouncer and he let us through. We made our way up through the crowds up to the bar. Jeremy and I leaned up against the bar and ordered our drinks. My eyes caught a glimpse of something, but I didn't catch it in time.
"What can I get you guys?" A man with dark brown hair and brown eyes asked us. His hair was a spiky shaggy, something I wish I could pull off. He was wiping down a glass.
"Two beers please." Jeremy stated, trying to act suave. I could tell the bartender could see right through it. The bartender shook his head and chuckled. I looked around the club. It was a pretty nice club. Multi-colored lights filled the room; there was a large dance floor and tables all around the dance floor. The servers were mainly women, but there were some men there too. I turned to look back at the bar when I noticed the thing that caught my eye earlier. A certain mocha haired, golden eyed beauty was wiping down the opposite end of the bar. The bartender held a box in his hands and bumped her with his elbow. She looked up and he jerked his head towards us. I smirked, I knew what that meant. She glanced in our direction and her eyes widened. She started to shake her head quickly and, by the look on her face, she was pleading. Was she pleading not to serve us? I watched her roll her eyes and pull two beers out of the cooler. She flipped off the caps expertly on the bar and she made her way towards us.
"Six bucks." She stated, barely looking at me. I slapped down two fives while I watched Jeremy eye her.
"Might wanna tell your buddy that the chick isn't for sale." She said, trying to joke, but failing miserably. Even I could hear the anger coming from her.
"Keep the change." I stated. "And trust me, I will."
"The chick isn't even for sale to you either, Derrick." She stated, walking off. How did she know my name? Did I give it to the bartender? No...maybe she heard it multiple times at the coffee shop. Who knew?
"Well, since I can't get that, I'm going to go get something off the dance floor." Jeremy said, picking up his beer. "Is that cool with you, dude? I don't have to go out, I mean, you're the one that brought me to the club. I can't leave my bro behind."
"Nah, go have fun. That's what I brought you here for." I stated, picking up my beer and taking a swig. He patted me on the arm and I nodded, taking another swig. He disappeared into the crowd. I turned and watched the girl and the bartender talk. Her eyes narrowed and I saw her jaw tighten, like her teeth were clenching. The bartender and she took off out the back door. I pushed myself away from the bar and made my way to the back door. I looked around before exiting and following the footsteps.
"Are you sure they're here?" I heard her ask. I could hear the poison dripping from her voice. What was going on right now?
"Nessa's been keeping watch. She heard them and saw them." The bartender stated in a hurried voice. The footsteps picked up, as did mine. What was going on? I didn't understand. Who were "they"? They sounded bad and that couldn't have been good.
"Molly! Jonathan!" I heard a new voice yell. I turned the corner where their footsteps were the loudest, as I kept going, they stopped and came into view. I quickly got closer and jumped behind another corner.
"F**K!" A fourth voice exclaimed. "Molly, Jon, they got Anna. S**t. I knew this wasn't a good idea to bring her. I told dad she wasn't old enough and he let her go."
The voice snarled and I heard a loud thud. They must have punched a wall or something. Their footsteps went quickly and I followed them as much as I could. Boy were they fast. I made my way outside with them and they stopped. I dove behind a dumpster and watched as a girl with the same color of hair as "my" girl had, being held by a burly man with no shirt, no shoes, but a pair of blue jeans.
"Let her go." The fourth voice said, harshly. She snarled and the man growled. Growled? Snarling? Just what had I gotten myself into?
"Not until you give me what I asked for." The growling voice said. It was hard to keep up with so many people...
"Not a chance." The bartender's voice stated. I heard more snarling, yelping, and soon a large cracking noise. Did what just happened, happen?
"F*****g wolves." The fourth voice said. "Anna, are you okay?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. Just shaken up." The third voice, Anna, said. "That was easy for you guys..."
"You could have done it too." "My" girl stated. I could hear the smirk in her voice. Not only was her voice with the smirk in it, sexy, but I'm sure the smirk on her face was just as sexy.
"I haven't been doing this like you guys. I don't know how to do it."
I tried to look around the dumpster, but failed because my hand slipped from the side of the dumpster, causing me to fall with a clatter of crates, beer bottles, and various items.
"Show yourself!" The fourth voice exclaimed. S**t. I knew if I didn't do it they'd probably come after me too. That wouldn't be good, so I walked out with my hands up in surrender.
"I-I didn't mean to startle anyone or get into anything." I said quickly. The bartender soon had me with his arm around my neck and his hand on one side of my head and jaw. Neck snapping position.
"What the f**k are you?" The fourth voice said. She had red hair and her eyes were a light green. An odd color of eyes, but they were pretty. Molly's eyes widened at me. I gave her a half-hearted smile. One can only give so much of a smile when their life was at risk.
"Jon, please let him go." "My" girl state. "He's--"
Her statement ended with a slam to the ground quickly and a wolf clamped down on her neck. The bartender, Jon, let me fall to the ground and I looked at "my" girl. Her once golden eyes were red and there were fangs protruding from her mouth as she tried to shove the wolf off her neck.
"T-there's silver crowns on his teeth!" She screamed out. She let out a scream that was mixed with a groan. So what if there were silver crowns on his teeth? A lot of people had them, if someone bit you, it'd feel the same.
Jon shoved me to the ground, officially, and then shoved the wolf off Molly just as Anna and the red head grabbed him and threw him to the ground. The red head had no problem taking a bite on his neck and ripping a chuck of the fur and skin off of the wolf. She spit it out and spat into the gash. The wolf squirmed around on the ground, yelping, for ten seconds, and then finally went still. I looked at Jon and "my" girl.
"Molly," Jon said. "Are you okay?"
So "my" girl's name was "Molly", huh? That was a really pretty name. I wished I could have learned that on my own. But hey, beggars can't be choosers.
"There's blood on my favorite shirt and silver in my neck. What do you think?" She spat out. Jon pulled away slightly and pulled his shirt collar down. I watched as he lifted her head for her and she sank the fangs into his neck. In the moonlight, I noticed as his mouth opened, fangs came into view. Before he closed his eyes, I watched as his eyes faded to red. I turned and looked at the red head and Anna. Their mouths had fangs and their eyes were red. The red head was spitting onto the round repeatedly and Anna's nose was wrinkled as she pulled away from the red head.
"The s**t I f*****g do for you, Jonathan. You too, Molly." The red head stated. Jon looked at her as Molly kept drinking from Jonathan's neck. I watched as little slivers of silver started to fall out of her neck.
"Ness, you have to tell Juuka." Anna spoke up. The red head, Ness, snapped her gaze on Anna, but her eyes quickly softened.
"You don't think I don't know that, Anna?" She asked softly, but just as harshly. 'They're both from his pack. Juuka's not going to be happy."
I watched silently as all of this unfolded in front of me and Molly's words came back into my mind. "I'm not someone you should get to know." Now that all of this was in front of me, I didn't know if I wanted to leave, or get to know Molly even more.
Molly pulled her fangs out of Jon's neck and she licked over the bite marks. Jonathan held her to him and she wrapped her arms around him. He kissed the top of her head. To be honest, I was really jealous. Especially since Jon was most likely her boyfriend. Now I just felt embarrassed. I had tried to hit on her, but she had a boyfriend all along.
"I thought I'd almost lost you when that wolf clamped down on you." He said softly. She held onto him tighter.
"I'm okay. I promise, Jon." She stated into his neck. "I probably drank too much from you..."
"I'll replenish quicker than you can."
She nodded and kissed his bite marks. She pulled away from his neck and he kissed her forehead. Her eyes locked onto mine and she rolled them.
"Ah s**t." She stated. Jon looked over his shoulder, Anna looked at me next, and Ness snapped her gaze onto me. There was fire in Ness's eyes.
"We have a f*****g human witness." She stated, turning to look at Molly and Jon. Molly sighed and Jon groaned. Anna just stood there to herself. I started to panic. What if they were going to kill me? I was still young. I was going to college still. I couldn't die right now!
"I promise guys, I won't say anything. I swear to it! Just please don't kill me!" I said in a hurry. Ness groaned and rolled her eyes.
"We're not going to kill you. We're not about that." Anna stated. "But we can't let you go out with the knowledge in your brain. It's too risky. What's your name?"
"Derrick." Molly and I said together.
"Brown." I finished. Jon looked at Molly with a look I couldn't make out and she rolled her eyes, shrugging. Ness's anger diminished and Anna's eyes were wide.
"Derrick Brown?" Ness asked. In nodded my head quickly. She turned to Anna and then looked at Jon. Jon shrugged and Anna and Ness looked at each other. Ness made her way over to me and picked me up by the collar with ease.
"You have to swear you won't tell a single soul what you just saw tonight." She snarled. Her red eyes grew a deep, blood red and I could see her fangs with every word she said. That was enough for me.
"I swear it." I stated quickly. She dropped me and I landed on my hands and knees. Ness turned around and looked at Jon and Molly.
"Molly. You know the human. Get him home." She stated, headed for a sleek black car.
"Got Jake's car tonight, huh?" She asked with a smirk. Damn. I was right; she was sexy with a smirk. Sexier than just the smirk in her voice.
"'Can't have a purple Ferrari sticking out when you're on watch' were his exact words." Ness said with a smirk back. Molly laughed, which sounded heavenly, and Ness got in the car and took off.
"I'll get him home." Molly said, standing up and wobbling a little. Jon was right by her side in the blink of an eye, literally, steadying her. She nodded up and him and he kissed her on the cheek. Anna was nowhere in sight. Either she got in the car without me realizing it, or she just took off. Molly made her way to me and Jon went back into the club.
"You have a little..." I motioned to the corner of her mouth. She used her tongue and got rid of it. She snapped her fangs back into her gums and her eyes faded back to their normal golden color.
"I told you that you shouldn't have gotten to know me." She stated, heading for a red Mustang.
"Who's Jon to you?" I asked her. I knew the answer, but I was still curious. Maybe she'd understand that I was just going to get to know her more than I already learned tonight.
"He's my maker." She stated. Okay, so I didn't really know the answer.
"Oh..." She rolled her eyes at me. I only smiled sheepishly at her. She got into the driver's seat of the Mustang and I got into the passenger's seat. Before I could click in my buckle, she took off, sending my head into the seat. She only smirked that sexy smirk.

© 2015 Colleen Magelky AKA taurusgrl42895


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

77 Views
Added on April 27, 2015
Last Updated on April 27, 2015

Author

Colleen Magelky AKA taurusgrl42895
Colleen Magelky AKA taurusgrl42895

MO



About
My name's Colleen and I'm trying to remember that this website is here. A lot of my other stories are on Wattpad, however, so go check those out! Junior psychology major just making my way through .. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5