No guarantees mind, but all the same a Happy New Year to you!

No guarantees mind, but all the same a Happy New Year to you!

A Poem by COLLYMORE
"

What are you really expecting from 2016? More of the same?

"

By Stanley Collymore

 

Another year will soon be gone as optimistically those

who want to forget the tragedies and self-inflicted

calamities of this outgoing one welcomingly

beckon a new one in its place; but as these

pre-planned celebrations transpire and

festively explode with much hoped

for celebrations, what guarantees are there that

come the 31 December of the incoming New

Year that people wouldn’t have learnt any

lessons in the interim; and then, will be

ruefully glancing back and rather as

it happens, dejectedly ruminating

that for all their cherished good

natured optimism and great

cheer, 2016 unfortunately

was really no different

from other preceding

and adverse years?

 

© Stanley V. Collymore

31 December 2015.

 

 

Author’s Remarks:

The world is in turmoil and incredibly as it seems those who are directly and personally responsible for the terrible mess that we’re in unsurprisingly like the purblind morons that they are and seemingly oblivious or else uncaring of the cataclysmic state of affairs they’ve inconceivably fashioned and asininely carry on with, rather than sensibly climb out of the hole they’ve created, caused us to be in and likewise stop hindering and allow the rest of us to do the same, they nevertheless like the dead-beat imbeciles that they are, and frankly that’s putting it mildly, relentlessly carry on with their incomprehensible and utterly catastrophic digging!

 

Die Welt ist in Aufruhr und unglaublich, wie es scheint, die, die direkt und persönlich für die heilloses Durcheinander verantwortlich sind, die wir in überraschend wie die blöden Idioten, die sie sind, und scheinbar nichts sonst gefühllos der katastrophalen Lage der Dinge sie unvorstellbar haben sind fashioned und asininely weiter mit, anstatt sinnvoll aus dem Loch, das sie geschaffen haben zu klettern, uns veranlasst, in sein und ebenso aufhören zu behindern und lassen Sie den Rest von uns das gleiche zu tun, sie doch wie die dead-Beat-Dummköpfe, dass sie sind, und ehrlich gesagt, das ist noch milde ausgedrückt, unerbittlich weiter mit ihrer unverständlichen und absolut katastrophalen Graben!

© 2015 COLLYMORE


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
Added on December 31, 2015
Last Updated on December 31, 2015
Tags: Politics

Author

COLLYMORE
COLLYMORE

Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom



About
Academic, Journalist, Writer. I'm a highly intelligent, articulate and well-educated human being with an intuitive but enterprising sense of responsibility and a strong moral compass that instincti.. more..

Writing