He Doesn't Know Any Better

He Doesn't Know Any Better

A Story by Colored Black
"

Rambling of an... interesting man.

"
The phrase "He doesn't know any better" is an interesting one. Of course it refers to an individual who has not learned, or can not grasp, the right and wrongs of life. But, what exactly is "right" and "wrong"? The two words are subjective. A cannibal tribe in the Amazon thinks killing other humans and roasting them over a steamy pot of vegetables is right, while in "civilization" (another subjective word) this is wrong. However, in "civilization", raising and caring for an animal only to eventually slaughter it for food is right, except to yet another group of people who eat plants because they find treating living things in the previously mentioned way sickening, finding a bit of moral glory in only eating things that have an even worse chance of defending themselves then animals. Just because they don't make noises doesn't mean they don't live.
Living is another subjective word. Who's to say living isn't dying and once you die you begin to live? Anyways, back to my original point. "He doesn't know any better". Is that true? If a human never learned it was "wrong" to kill another human would they still feel the regret and guilt that a "normal" human would feel? Or would it be the same as, say, swatting a fly? This phrase I heard so much in my childhood, it comes back to me now, and I realize... no.
No I did not know any better. No one told me murder felt this... right. Maybe if I had of known I wouldn't of taken the initiative to find out for myself. They should have informed me. It is their fault I became infatuated with the delicate balance of life and death. That balance that can easily be tipped with just the slightest push. "He doesn't know any better". The phrase makes me smile. This beautiful phrase saved me from the electric chair. "He doesn't know any better". This phrase coupled with an insane plea. "He doesn't know any better". I don't know any better.
I don't know...
I don't...
I know...
I know better...
I know death is better.

© 2014 Colored Black


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is cool, I think that way a lot.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 12, 2014
Last Updated on August 12, 2014
Tags: horror, death, interesting, ramblings, thought, deep thought, irony

Author

Colored Black
Colored Black

Fort Worth, TX



About
Just a writer. more..