Rapping At The Window

Rapping At The Window

A Story by CompellingComposer

    The rapping on the window woke me with surprise, causing me to jolt upward out of bed. I clutched my heart, breathing heavily, beads of sweat on my forehead. I stand up and walk towards the window. The pouring rain falls down the window, racing to the bottom. Every second a new drop appearing. I pressed my face against the window, feeling it’s cool glass on my warm cheek. I sighed and watched my breath fog up the window and fade away.

    “ I know you’re out there. You can stop hiding now,” I whispered, shivering.

    I heard the rapping at the window again, yet not as loud this time. It was the response. I moved a strand of hair from my face. He was going to show up this time. I had broken the limb that constantly beat on the wall near my room so there would be no more confusion whether it was him or the weather. I tugged on my pajama pant strings, I curled my already too-curly hair with my finger, waiting. He was out there, I knew it.

    “ May I come in?” the wind seemed to ask.

    “ Yes.”

    I cracked open the window and watched him step in. I took in everything about him. Tall, deep green eyes, messy brown hair, and large hands. I smiled.

    “ You showed up,” I smirked.

    “ You doubted me?” he asked.

    I chuckled. “ well, it’s been days since you last came over.

    “ Yeah, sorry about that,” he apologized in his deep voice, complimented with a strong, Southern accent.

    “ I know, it’s alright,” I said. I plopped down on my bed, “ I’ve missed you, though.”

    “ You know I’m not supposed to be here, anyway. I could get killed.”

    “ You also know, as well as I do, that we aren’t supposed to love each other, either. It’s just the sacrifices that we make.”

    “ Don’t be angry at me, I’ve been trying,” he whimpered like a young boy. I motioned him to sit next to me and I wrapped my arms around his neck.

    “ I’m not mad,” I said. “ I just miss you.”

    We sat there in the silence, the only light being the moonlight shining through the window. We kept holding each other, not wanting to let go. I shuddered, holding back my tears. He sighed and said, “ Let’s go.”

© 2011 CompellingComposer


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

could this mystery person possibly be DSK?

Posted 11 Years Ago


is it some mystery person?hahaha it is really good

Posted 13 Years Ago


Most of the time I know who your poems and stories are about, but not this one. Who is this one about or the characters based on? I know the curly haired one is you, but who is the boy?

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 17, 2011
Last Updated on March 17, 2011

Author

CompellingComposer
CompellingComposer

NC



About
My name is Megan and I have been writing poems since 4th grade and stories since 6th. I'm very, very young, as I've noticed from the ages of my fellow writers on this site. Yes, I am only 13, but writ.. more..

Writing